[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Grand Theft Auto IV

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:41 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 pm 
Godzilla

yeah, i think i'm giving up on waiting for the problems to sort themselves out and going for the xbox version this week.

dammit. i REALLY prefer the ps controlers . . .

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:03 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:07 pm 
Godzilla

nope, 640. the machine will only put out something like a standard 720, but the game as it plays IN THE BOX ITSELF is drawing at 640, the ps upgrades it as it outputs

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1024433

http://kotaku.com/385237/gta-iv-runs-at ... -that-mean

the kotaku article has a typo that says 630, but that's been fixed on all the other gamenerd sites . . .

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:10 pm 
Mothra

i don't have a ps3 or a 360.

i stopped by a friends house and evaded the cops on a baggage cart for a long time.

this game makes house party one look like house party two.

i am going to have to knock over a liquor store. like right now.

for real.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:21 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm looking forward to mass carnage this weekend. PS3 players, feel free to add me. PSN: gpat138

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:57 am 
Godzilla

so, am i the only one out there that thinks MADD wouldn't have such a valid complaint if the drunk-driving bits weren't the most fun parts of the game?

i do not trust michelle at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

man, i HATE the drunk-driving parts. It's not like when your drunk and you turn the wheel left the car goes right (in real life)... but whatever.

my favorite thing to do is:
1. equip the knife
2. hold down the target button when there is no one to target.
3. rapidly tap the run button while continuing to hold down the target button. at this point, Nico will start hopping in an amusingly hilarious manner.
4. hop into the middle of the street and get a car to stop in front of you.
5. kick the headlights.
6. the driver will get out of the car. hop over to him/her and begin stabbing.
7. cars will start to back up. repeat the process of hopping-kicking-stabbing.

p.s. you have to hold down the target button for the whole time

also, i found that if you drive your motorcycle upstairs into your apartment and then get off the motorcycle and change clothes, the motorcycle will disappear and replace one of the cars in your parking spot. my attempt to save three vehicles failed.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:27 am 
Godzilla

fly-555-0100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:43 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The Onion goes GTA:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:14 pm 
Godzilla

i just noticed, on the station that iggy dj's for, he does a rant about how shitty he feels, and lists all of his rock-related injuries he's sustained over the years, including the shoulder-snafu from here in columbus.

i'm still so ashamed that we're the only city on earth who'd let iggy hit the ground during a stage dive . . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:51 pm 
Godzilla

so, who else has finished this thang?

cuz i really wanna talk about the last bits with someone, but don't wanna drop spoilers and ruin shit for anyone still playing . . .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:15 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:27 am 
Godzilla

that was the day i KNEW that cell phones would take over the world, because i got SO FUCKING MANY phonecalls at work from friends at the show telling me "dude, i think columbus just killed iggy" and all i could think was "you're at a rockshow, why the fuck are you on the phone?!?!?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:57 pm 
Godzilla

have you made it the the helicopter on any of your attempts?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:31 pm 
Godzilla

That was the problem I had. I kept trying to go over the bridge to the right of the jump. Once I figured out that I needed to go the other way, I managed to beat it. I still have some of the extra stuff to finish.

Kind of a non-ending. I'm not surewhat I want really. I mean, dude just avenged his girlfriend's death, I guess he'd be a bit sullen.

One of the best video games ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 am 
Godzilla

the jump-the-motorcycle-to-catch-the-helicopter stunt just may have been my favorite action moment in ANY video game ever, and far and way the one that gave me the most movie-like FUCK YEAH moment.

i failed that final mission a good 2 dozen times, but finally pulling it together was as wicked as the promise of the entire GTA series all in one beautiful moment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:01 pm 
Godzilla

oh, i'm SOOOOO fucked. i finally caved in and started playing GTA4 online last night. just some simple, 6 man deathmatches and shit like that.

so much fun!!!

other than motorstorm and virtuafighter i've never really gone into the whole online gaming thang, and never really for "fragfests" but, fuck me, i just could not stop playing last night.

i may never sleep again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 am 
Godzilla

Has anyone downloaded the Lost and the Damned? It looks rad, but its kind of expensive, so I've held off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:44 pm 
Godzilla

So I beat this today. The end is a bit of a disappointment plot-wise. Best GTA ever. I'd rather have had a full Lost & The Damned than the Nico Bellic story.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:54 pm 
Godzilla

Coming to iPhone:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10322019-17.html