[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Batman: The Dark Knight

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman: The Dark Knight
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:04 pm 
Godzilla

and in further dorkerey, other than the bruce-timm-iverse, isn't babs usually portrayed as his niece (before he adopted her?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:19 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Bss,

Early-ish in the film, Lucius Fox is giving Wayne the new bat-armor, telling him something to the effect of "it'll protect against everything but a cat".

There are no cats in this movie whatsoever, nor is cat mentioned visually or verbally anywhere else. Given the Nolan Bros. propensity to make the most out of every single moment, there's no way that's not a Catwoman reference for the next movie, which they're more or less already on board for. When you're running a $150 million dollar machine, there are no accidents in what makes it through the cutting room floor.

Yeah, nobody was straggling off to the bathroom in this crowd! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:33 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:41 am 
Jet Jaguar

This movie fucking rocked. I haven't seen batman begins yet, but this was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 am 
Mechagodzilla

You are all a bunch of nerds.
:D
The movie fucking ruled and I like ZAS' review. I wholeheartedly agree. The audience gasped when Batman ran his batpod up the wall and turned around. I love it when we can still be wowed. Thumbs up.

The preview for Terminator looked sweet.

*unless your name is Angus Young

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

70 mill worldwide in one night:

george lucas officially sucking it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:47 pm 
Godzilla

DAMN.

This was excellent.

As soon as Nestor Carbonell popped up on screen, I said, "BATMANUEL!!!" That was pretty hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:08 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

seeing it via IMAX was worth it. having the screen be that huge was a noticeable bonus.

everything was fucking PERFECT, dude. as soon as it ended i wanted to watch it again. i was ready to go for a second helping but corggirl talked me out of it. i'll do it again soon though.

i cant wait to see it again. i cant wait to buy a wide screen tv so i can watch it on blu ray dvd. oh dear. oh dear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:21 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:40 pm 
Godzilla

Dig Me Out , and .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 am 
Godzilla

I wanna see it on IMax next time instead of the ghettoplex. To the girl behind me: yes, I know how creepy the Joker looks, and yes what ____ did was stupid. Thank you.

Brilliant movie though. Ledger's performance ruled, and everyone else's was good too. Damn.

I had forgotten Carbonell played Bat Manuel - nice, even if he was just a knock off of Die Fledermaus.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:45 am 
Jet Jaguar

completely. awesome. man...it's been a long time since i've come out of the theater feeling like that. i saw it twice this weekend, the second time i attempted to see it on imax at easton but both shows sold out by the time i got there.

best joker. i bet he gets nominated for something.

until this thread, i didn't make the catwoman connection. i totally see it now. both times i was like "why didn't he say lions or tigers?" duh. :oops:

batman 3: catwoman and poison ivy?

also second time around we were discussing...shouldn't two face's ability to speak be just a little messed up? just a little?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm 
King Ghidorah

the magic trick with the pencil is worth the price of admission.

I kinda never cared for Heath Ledger's movies, but it's true, he was amazing in this role, totally stole the show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:45 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:41 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:21 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 pm 
Mechagodzilla

batman beats box office
bale beats family(?)

child stars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:28 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:34 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

I am bothered that anyone considers to be a reliable source.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:55 pm 
Godzilla

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 451303.ece

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

Maggie Gyllenhaal had the best outfits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next