[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - New Rawk Project

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Rawk Project
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:59 am 
Mothra

Apparently after 3 years of not playing I'm now involved in a project with Joel Walter (The Handshake), Gary Adkins, Fred Sarginger (Blatant Finger) and Scott Smallwood (The Pop Quiz, The Cutters). We are looking for some opening gigs in June and are along the lines of the DC rock scene (Scream, Jawbox, Burning Airlines). Do we have a myspace page? Not yet, we need to sort out the band title. Demos? Not yet, we are sorting out the tunes.

Drop me a PM if your band has something, we would appreciate it.

Peace.

Pete Cline (Silo the Huskie or Silo Pete or Pete the Huskie or has-been or whatever)

Post subject: Re: New Rawk Project
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm 
Mothra

the band is called SIGNAL DISTRESS

First show is May 17th @ the Ravari Room.

Myspace page is being developed and we are at Candyland Studios (http://www.candylandstudios.com/) in Cinci on May 9, 10, 11 to record.

Hope you can make it out.

Peace.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 pm 
Godzilla

hi pete. change yer band name. never say 'rawk' again. and, smallwood/cutters rule.
love, ~c

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:00 pm 
Godzilla

fuck yes.

Underspec - you know Smallwood? Shit, maybe there's something redeeming about you after all.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:04 pm 
Godzilla

i know silopete too.

i don't need redeeming. thanks..

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:46 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:16 pm 
Godzilla

see you on the 17th

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 pm 
Mothra

Here's our myspace page,

www.myspace.com/signaldistressmusic

nude photos and music to follow.

If you can tolerate Smallwood, then you"ll love the band. It's all Scott, all the time. 24/7
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:32 pm 
Mothra

Joel assured me you were going with "Arabian Goggles" as the band name. I was going to be a Gogglehead. I had many hilarious ideas created around the band name Arabian Goggles. Including the 500 pairs of goggles sitting in my basement which are now not so funny.

Who is/are Arabian Goggles playing with on the 17th at Ravari? And what is the proper grammar when referring to Arabian Goggles? See you on the 17th. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:13 pm 
Mothra

Fred posted the songs we recorded last weekend at Candyland Studios onto the Blatant Finger site (since the band name will change yet again before Friday). Here are the links to these rough demos (ie no real mixing or mastering).

http://www.blatantfinger.com/The_Smallw ... Gunman.mp3

http://www.blatantfinger.com/The_Smallw ... 02_WFK.mp3

http://www.blatantfinger.com/The_Smallw ... Rid_It.mp3

http://www.blatantfinger.com/The_Smallw ... e_Fist.mp3

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:30 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:34 am 
Mothra

If anyone was going to catch the band on May 17th @ The Ravari Room, we go on at 10 PM sharp. The band name is now The Garrison (for now at least)....

We'll be at the bar at 9 PM to set up and hang out, and have a Bourbon.

Hope to see you there....

Pete

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:18 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:19 pm 
Mothra

The Garrison thanks the other bands and to all that came out last night to the Ravari Room....

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:15 am 
Godzilla

I just got back in town from a 5-day motorcycle trip…and was just checking my emails and saw from the cmh-moto list that Scott Smallwood had been in a bad motorcycle accident while racing this weekend in Virginia. Any updates? I'm not a "prayer" guy but I'll definitely be sending him positive vibes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

smallwood is one of the nicest dudes ever. back in the pop quiz days he always used to let my shitty bands open for them. we even played with the cutters at the short lived "basso bar" on the ten year anniversary of "nevermind." we all covered a few, except for the proms--who played the whole album. i wish i could remember what song(s) the cutters did. regardless, i send all my best and hopes for a quick recovery, with absolutely no ill effects. whoever talks to him send him my regards.
zac szymusiak

giraffe n a dyslexic walk in2 a bra. waiter sez, can't enter w/o a tie. all they find r jumper cables. ask, r these okay? waiter sez, don't go starting anything! have a seat n proceed 2 get faceless drunk. giraffe falls off stool. dyslexic gets up to leave, waiter sez, you cant leave that lyin there. dyslexic sez, thats not a lion, its a giraffe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:39 pm 
Mothra

A link for those to come up to speed on what happened and how Scott is doing...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t= ... to=newpost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:03 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:32 am 
Godzilla

Smallwood is awesome. Glad that it looks like he is going to be okay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am 
King Ghidorah

So a bunch of us Scooter Trash stopped by SSSmallwood's last night about 7ish and we just missed him - he had just left for Dick's Den. Nothing says "road to recovery" more than Dick's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 pm 
Mothra

Scott say's he ready to rock with a neck brace. Friday, July 25th @ The Ravari Room with friends. More rock that allowed by law. $5 gets you in the door and some loud, kick ass music. Body ink optional. Not sold by my post? Go here...

http://www.myspace.com/thegarrisonmusic

Hope to see you all there.