[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - UPDATED: RIP Noel Sayre (Black Swans, Pretty Mighty Mighty)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UPDATED: RIP Noel Sayre (Black Swans, Pretty Mighty Mighty)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: Noel Sayre in Critical Condition After Near Drowning
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

oh no. terrible.

thoughts sent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 pm 
King Ghidorah

heard about this last night.

such an awesome guy, this is so so awful.

please take a minute and send out some good vibe beams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:41 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This is one of the worst things to happen to the Columbus music scene. Noel's ability to play, especially with Jerry, was unparalleled. He will be missed so much. Such a humble and beautiful person too. I will miss him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:48 pm 
Mechagodzilla

wait, he's not dead right?

fuck this fucking time of fucking year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:49 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Beck at the Dispatch just e-mailed me and said that Noel died at 1:08 this morning.

Post subject: Re: UPDATED: RIP Noel Sayre (Black Swans, Pretty Mighty Mighty)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:52 pm 
Jet Jaguar

By the way, Noel was like family to the rest of the guys in the Black Swans, keep Jerry, Cannan and Forbes in your thoughts and prayers as well, this is going to be so tough on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

fuck fuck fuck fuck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:55 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This is really really sad news. Noel was a super nice guy and so funny to sit around and talk with. I didn't get to see him often the past few years but it was always great to see him unexpectedly at a show or elsewhere. He will be missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:58 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

from http://www.daytrotter.com/bookery/1081/ ... vice-versa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:05 pm 
Jet Jaguar

omfg this is awful.

noel was probably one of the best musicians i have ever had the pleasure of playing with.

a moment please...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

a sad day for columbus music indeed.
noel was one of the most talented people i knew & got to play with as well.
he will be missed dearly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i kept telling myself i wasn't gonna post, but i come back and keep rereading all this and thinking to myself...
it seemed helpful (therapuetic for me at least) to say something...
i didn't know noel well, but my thoughts of him are kind and lovely. i recorded the black swans at carabar once while running sound, and while mixing and mastering it i kept getting distracted from the sounds and enthralled with his violin. a calm master.
i also remember him hanging out, the first time i'd ever been in a "studio" (john chinn's original workbook spot, over on norwich). i couldnt believe this dude, who played violin so elegantly with pretty mighty mighty, could be into the crap we were spitting out. but he hung around for a minute, smiled at parts, and generally added an aura of good will.
he will be missed dearly, and i wish all those that knew him my condolences and positive vibes.

giraffe n a dyslexic walk in2 a bra. waiter sez, can't enter w/o a tie. all they find r jumper cables. ask, r these okay? waiter sez, don't go starting anything! have a seat n proceed 2 get faceless drunk. giraffe falls off stool. dyslexic gets up to leave, waiter sez, you cant leave that lyin there. dyslexic sez, thats not a lion, its a giraffe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 pm 
King Ghidorah

i'm so sad to hear about this. sending thoughts and prayers to his family and to everyone else grieving today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 pm 
Godzilla

oh man...no words.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 pm 
Snarf

Noel was a sweet and gentle old soul, this is tragic news. My thoughts are with you all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Send your positive thoughts to John, Jon and Neal as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:03 pm 
Godzilla

noel sayer was one of the most beautiful amazing people i have ever had the pleasure of knowing. my thoughts to his family and friends on this horrible horrible day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

wow. such a really nice, nice guy. this is unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Well I am shocked. I have known Noel since the early 90's in Athens and always enjoyed talking to him on the front porch at parties or around bonfires.

I hardly know what to say, sad rainy day now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:29 pm 
King Ghidorah

My condolences to his family and friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 pm 
Snarf

A beautiful man. He will be missed.

http://www.myspace.com/ohnoampo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm 
Godzilla

much like everyone else, i'm too stunned to say anything useful. he was an amazing person.

he WILL be missed in this town.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:50 pm 
Snarf

ahh man, sorry to hear this....
wishes for understanding, peace and strength for his friends, family and bandmates