[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest 2008

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Comfest 2008
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

This thread is for during and post-Comfest discussion.

To see the 27 page pre-Comfest discussion, go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23648

and good luck.

Post subject: Re: Comfest 2008
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:12 am 
Godzilla

Chance of corndogs = 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 am 
Jet Jaguar

chance of fishboat = 100%!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 am 
Godzilla

Chance of Jeni's muthaflippin' ROOT BEER FLOAT = 110%!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:38 am 
King Ghidorah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:17 am 
Jet Jaguar

FYI, y'all -- not sure if anyone's mentioned this, already (my apologies if this has already been covered), but word has it that the off-ramp beer booth will be taking credit cards this year. It's a trial run, and word has it they will pull the plug if there are problems.

I think this is both exciting and really, really dangerous (for my bank account, at least).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:21 am 
Godzilla

Chance of 32oz squeezy bottle of tequila and a couple muscle relaxants-100%

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:05 am 
Mechagodzilla

Chance of Tuba Guy playing Hang On Sloopy by Russell St and Park... 99%

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am 
King Ghidorah

Guess who just picked up an MC shift at the Offramp Saturday for Earwig, Miranda Sound and Red Dahlia. Fish Boat b*tches.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Blammo, sorry, I couldn't hear your bass at all :)

(The sound guy certainly didn't do you any favors)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:38 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I recorded much of the Woosley set and a few songs from 1.3

I'll continue to capture selected sets and/or songs, yet to be determined. I'll contact the bands after I clean up and master the recordings about posting selected tracks for a limited time, maybe change posted songs every couple of days.

As my state of mind deteriorates, so may the recording quality...but screw it, it's comfest...it's all good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:07 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Margot's 1st comfest...complete with mutt muffs, Alison Rose bandana, and the Randys' music.

photographing music and the people who make it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Day 1 highlights:

Teeth of the Hydra
Fishboat sandwich
Schmidt's Bahama Mama

Hopefully the storms they're calling for tomorrow stay away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:39 am 
King Ghidorah

i've still got a buzz from the pale ale i had tonight and my ears are still ringing from the two cow/brainbow double header. 1st time seeing both bands (still can't believe it took this long) and both were amazing. loved two cow's set and it was nice to talk to you again tonight, cody! the last song w/the dude choir was indeed awesome.

brainbow is an all out sensory overload for me. i deliberately stood up front by the speaker so i could feel it too...so much going on in such a good way. i had my eyes closed a lot of the time and that was perfect.

was good to see people i haven't seen for a while and i waited in line 2 minutes for my beer. i love beer efficiency.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:22 am 
Godzilla

First day at the merch booth went well. If you've stopped by in past years, be sure to do so again and check us out because 2008 is the year the merch booth went HOLLYWOOD. We have a second tent! We have a sign! We have a display rack for shirts!

Everything went quite well today. Mr. Duffy and I bailed a little early to go catch Mike Birbiglia at the Funny Bone (sorry, Comfest, but it was totally worth it). Looking forward to getting up in seven hours and doing it all over again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:36 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Fish Boat now priced at $8 and comes in a meat loaf pan. Still delicious.

And they've moved to Park St

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:49 am 
Godzilla

and

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:58 am 
Godzilla

Also, did anyone see The Joker yesterday?
Or the polar bear?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:31 am 
Godzilla

Teeth of the Hydra:

Preview and info:
http://www.archive.org/details/Teethoft ... omfest2008

Download H264 720p HD (322MB) :

http://www.archive.org/download/Teethof ... st2008.mp4

I'm uploading some TJSA as we speak, should be up a little later.

Brainbow also on the way, but that might not be until tomorrow due to some technical difficulties.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 am 
Godzilla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next