[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Tom Waits deserves his own thread.

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tom Waits deserves his own thread.
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:32 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:42 am 
King Ghidorah

Wow! Well, I'm glad at least some of you got tix. I'm sure it will be awesome. It really is an experience to see him live. You'll love it. I expected to be blown away before I saw him and I was blown away by how much more blown away I was than I initially thought I'd be blown away. Dig?

Have fun, and I expect fully detailed reports!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I got in. Mezz B row I.

I hit find tickets right at 10 and this was the best I got. You have to think most of his fans in 10 hour drive time tried to get tickets for this show. I'm not surprised it sold out in a few minutes.

Also sometimes the concert companies and the venue to preferred buyer presales for press or other contacts.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:53 pm 
Godzilla

this really takes away some of the pain of deciding against paying $100 to see a hero.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:48 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Well, one never knows, there could be another secret late show around here somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:50 pm 
Godzilla

if you have info you're not sharing, i'm in a stabbing mood . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:38 pm 
Mothra

I went to see him several years back, when he played in Seattle, and somehow scored a front row seat. I think that this was because a) I went alone and there were an uneven number of seats in the front row and b) I actually talked to a person on the phone, rather than working with an automated system. I kept calling before the selling time. People kept telling me to hang up and call back. Finally, a woman at ticketmaster took pity on me and talked to me about the Mariners (and other attractions in Seattle) until selling started. Tried that this morning, but got through on the web before the phone system even transferred me.

I got tickets, (for a lot cheaper than a flight to Seattle), but I think that it will be hard to top my first Tom Waits experience. You can't really get any better than front row.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 pm 
Godzilla

Am I allowed to hate everyone that got a ticket.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 pm 
Mothra

so... for the people who bought more than one set of tickets on the same billing address.... in time they find them and delete a set of tickets returning them to the pool. so if you're extra compulsive that might just work out for you...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:25 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:18 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
Godzilla

Tom's conversations with himself are much more interesting and funnier than the ones I have with myself.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:01 pm 
Godzilla

Is ScarJo opening up or not?

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:09 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 pm 
Godzilla

The first one was mine.

Q: What’s the most curious record in your collection?

A: In the seventies a record company in LA issued a record called “The best of Marcel Marceau.” It had forty minutes of silence followed by applause and it sold really well. I like to put it on for company. It really bothers me, though, when people talk through it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:12 pm 
Godzilla

Tom Waits crosses the pond.

Sat 07/12/08 San Sebastian, SPA Kursaal Auditorium
Mon 07/14/08 Barcelona, SPA Barcelona Forum
Tue 07/15/08 Barcelona, SPA Barcelona Forum
Thu 07/17/08 Milan, ITA Teatra Degli Acrimboldi
Fri 07/18/08 Milan, ITA Teatra Degli Acrimboldi
Sat 07/19/08 Milan, ITA Teatra Degli Acrimboldi
Mon 07/21/08 Prague, CZE Prague Congress Centre
Tue 07/22/08 Prague, CZE Prague Congress Centre
Thu 07/24/08 Paris, FRA Grand Rex
Fri 07/25/08 Paris, FRA Grand Rex
Sun 07/27/08 Edinburgh, UK Edinburgh Playhouse
Mon 07/28/08 Edinburgh, UK Edinburgh Playhouse
Wed 07/30/08 Dublin, IRE Phoenix Park
Thu 07/31/08 Dublin, IRE Phoenix Park
Fri 08/01/08 Dublin, IRE Phoenix Park

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:56 am 
Mothra

More tickets are available for Columbus on Ticketmaster. They are "auction" tickets, with proceeds over face value going to charity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:13 pm 
Godzilla

Setlists and reviews are starting to come out from the tour that started Tuesday. If you are interested in checking them out, the link is below.

If you don't want to see setlists of songs played before you go to the show, so you can be surprised, consider yourself warned not to click the link below.

http://eyeballkid.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:41 am 
Mothra

So there are a few "meet ups" going on on Saturday. To meet the peeps who drove from Rhode Island for the show, or sold their window coverings to buy tickets, etc. Comfest will most certainly interfere with the Pre-show gathering. Is anyone planning on going to the Post-show one? I'm undecided...

Columbus 6/28
Pre-show: Tip Top Kitchen
www.tiptopcolumbus.com
73 E Gay St, Columbus, OH 43215 614-221-8300
Post-show: The Thirsty Ear
www.thethirstyear.com/
1200 West Third Avenue, Grandview, OH 43212 614-299-4987

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 am 
Mothra

so i was looking for the spanish language version of that david lee roth album and found instead.

if anyone has found cmh i would love to know where.

edit - sorry link was hosed. - fixed

Last edited by honey on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:57 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:26 pm 
Mothra

Complete two & half hour Atlanta concert on NPR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:29 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:42 pm 
Mechagodzilla

You can also subscribe to the podcast:

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_ ... d=15842121

There's some other good stuff in there.