[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Post questions/problems/issues with the upgrade

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post questions/problems/issues with the upgrade
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:59 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I know you might go to the site one second and see the new board.. and then come back and see the old board. This will happen until the internets fully recognize the change on the server. If you notice any other issues, have questions, etc, please post them here.

Post subject: Re: Post questions/problems/issues with the upgrade
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 am 
Mechagodzilla

No problems so far...once I figured out "view new posts" meant the same thing as "view posts since last visit". Nice work!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:20 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:36 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

the view new posts button does the same thing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Duffy, thanks for doing this. I'm betting your weekend was not all that fun. it's appreciated though. I did have one "so what are you doing with yourself while the message board is down" conversation. :)

Looks like maybe YouTube Embed function needs to be enabled.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

one other change is that clicking on links from the forum does not open another browser window. It does a re-direct or whatever, necessitating the use of the back button to return to the board.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm 
Godzilla

why am i not authorized to view the "politics" category?

board looks good so far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 pm 
Godzilla

[quote="coydog"]why am i not authorized to view the "politics" category?

board looks good so far.[/quote]

you mean the "Politcs" category?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:43 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I have to say, I think the beany babies at the top are hilarious. and oh so collectable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:56 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

Is it wrong to enjoy declaring people my foes?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:53 pm 
Godzilla

hey duffy, did you see that some of the forums have the "mark read" link and some don't (like hype?) just an fyi.
:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:10 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:12 pm 
Godzilla

Where's the iPhone version?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:22 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I like the prosilver skin a bit better on my boards(handles user avatars better - IMO), but don't download any other ones less you want a big ass headache. Also have fun with any of the mods you add.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:24 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:58 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:59 pm 
Godzilla

i have no problems, because i'm still "godzilla"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 am 
Godzilla

[quote="groundrules"]I have to say, I think the beany babies at the top are hilarious. and oh so collectable.[/quote]

i'm glad it was resized

no issues thus far

well, except for the above^^^^^^^^

the quote, not the beanie babies...although...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:34 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'm finding that green dress very distracting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:38 am 

[quote="groundrules"]I'm finding that green dress very distracting.[/quote]

I'm distracted by how incredibly ugly it is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:38 am 

Yeah, what's the deal with the quotes?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:50 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

as far as the quotes..

make sure, underneath the area where you write a post, above SUBMIT, the "Disable BBCode" is not selected. if it is the quote wont work.

I think you can go to your profile setting and make sure it's always turned on.

seems to be working for some people so i dont know what happened during the upgrade, sorry.

let me know if that fixes it.

annoying i know

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:47 am 

[quote="robertduffy"]as far as the quotes..

make sure, underneath the area where you write a post, above SUBMIT, the "Disable BBCode" is not selected. if it is the quote wont work.

I think you can go to your profile setting and make sure it's always turned on.

seems to be working for some people so i dont know what happened during the upgrade, sorry.

let me know if that fixes it.

annoying i know[/quote]

Hmm. It says is off under "options" when I post, but it's set to be on in my profile. I'm not seeing "Disable BBCode" where you say it should be.

EDIT: I don't see it here, but I just did in another forum. It also said "BBCode is on" under options, so maybe it's just specific to this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:55 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff