[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - What music is everyone listening to these days?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: What music is everyone listening to these days?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:54 pm 
King Ghidorah

I haven't seen one of these threads in a while, and I am always looking for something good.

As for myself:

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black -good record, interesting production, but hook-shallow

Gojira - FromMars to Sirius even though it was released in August of 2006

We All Belong from Dr. Dog gets a spin every now and then

Kristen Hersh is still rocking the house with Learn to Sing Like a Star

so what is everyone else digging these days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:23 pm 
Mothra

I'm really liking the new Amy Winehouse. A huge step up from her first album.

The Deadly Snakes - Love Undone & Porcella - I wish this band was still around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:24 pm 
Godzilla

I'm digging the new Amy Winehouse…and also Mob Rules, by Black Sabbath. Fucking Dio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:49 pm 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:28 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:05 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I've been really bad about letting the stuff i've downloaded languish on my hard drive, unlistened to. So I made it a mission to make CD-Rs of all my emusic stuff and actually put them near the stereo where they won't be forgotten. A couple old-ish ones out of that stack that have been reborn:

YLT- I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass
Black Angels - Passover (resurgence inspired by recent live show)
The National - Alligator
Brightblack Morning Light
Explosions in the Sky
Beaten Awake

Still not burned/listened to:
Andrew Bird
Arcade Fire
RJD2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:41 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 am 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:08 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am 
Mechagodzilla

i've been listening to:

David Vandervelde - Moonstation House Band
50 Foot Wave (Kristen Hersh project) - Brick of Six / Golden Ocean
Tom Petty - Highway Companion
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Grinderman - Grinderman (Nick Cave project)
Explosion in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
AntiMC - It's Free But It's Not Cheap
RJD2 - The Third Hand
-new Jarvis Cocker songs on myspace
-'How Soft Is Your Love?' - softrock mix CD i made for Kelly T@ylor's honeymoon in '04 that she just gave back to me

-you'll probably get a taste of most of this as i'm up for next we hate mixtapes v.8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:35 am 
Mechagodzilla

I've been listening to Pirate Prude and The Dirt of Luck by Helium a whole bunch lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
John Butler
Sam Roberts
Aesop Rock
Sia
Cold War Kids

Every version of "Little Boxes" I can find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:50 pm 
Mechagodzilla

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:55 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:03 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:08 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:38 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Randy Holden // Population II
Merry Airbrakes // Merry Airbrakes
Larry Coryell // Offering
Unborn Unicorn // Unborn Unicorn
Skeletons // Lucas
Times New Viking // Dig Yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:30 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Radio Moscow ST LP - If your a Black Keys fan you have no excuse not to buy this and love it.

Dungen - Tio Bitar

Looking into Wooden Shjips with much interest and excitment

Awaiting my Brimstone Howl album and 7"s

Black Angels

and Of Montreal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i have a new car with a tape deck so Ive been whipping out the classics

Venom-Black Metal (better than the 1st time)

Minor Threat-Out of Step/the other early one (holy crap they dont make em like they used too)

Metallica-Kill em all (with Blitzkrieg and Am I evil? best metallica album)

Ozzy-Bark at the moon (not as good as i want it to be)

Zappa-' (the poodle bites)

Return to Forever-No Mystery (Chic Corea, Lenny White, Stanley Clark, Al Di Meola, the most fucked up funked out post rock jazz fusion)

Gravediggaz-6 feet deep (best hip hop album eva)

Mitchell Froom-Morphine? or something like that (mega producer goes nutzo with favorites)

TAPES ARE SWEET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:44 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next