blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Confirmed Bonnaroo Performers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:08 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Lineup is out the 14th but here are a list of confirmed so far and sources.

Cold War Kids
http://www.jambands.com/Features/conten ... 2.01.phtml

John Butler Trio
http://www.atlanticrecords.com/johnbutl ... ur/?nt=500

Uncle Earl
http://www.uncleearl.net/shows.htm

Patton Oswalt
http://www.pattonoswalt.com/ht/calendar.html

Fountains of Wayne
http://www.usatoday.com/life/2007-01-11 ... ions_x.htm

Charlie Louvin
http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.c ... 1168566838

The Hold Steady
http://www.myspace.com/theholdsteady

Michael Franti and Spearhead
http://www.anti.com/events.php?id=30

Post subject: bonnaroo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

There still isnt any band that will take me back for my fifth year reunion. I think. How can you beat last year? I dont think it can be done

Post subject: Re: bonnaroo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:38 pm 
Godzilla

catphish007 wrote:
There still isnt any band that will take me back for my fifth year reunion. I think. How can you beat last year? I dont think it can be done

last year was pretty good but the first year was the best year

Post subject: Roo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

Im suprised to see people write about a predominately jamband festival on this site. I think its great. Did you check out Ween, Flaming Lips, Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, joanna newsome, brazilian girls, they all put on really good sets. The last time I posted something about jambands people started talking shit about them so we will see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:20 pm 
Godzilla

Some people have preconceived notions about bands that throw improvisation in the mix. Other people are too concerned about losing "cool points" for liking anything out of the spectrum of what their friends like.

There's really nothing wrong with "jam bands" at all and the stigma is merely an illusion created by the insecure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:24 pm 
Godzilla

DoctorRock wrote:

There's really nothing wrong with "jam bands" at all and the stigma is merely an illusion created by the insecure.

that is, if by "the insecure" you mean "hippydudes who feel the need to solo endlessly and pointlessly for hours because they're afraid without it you'd find out that the song's not every interesting" then yeah, you hit the nail on the head.

i believe i'm supposed to put some smileything down here or something . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:41 pm 
Godzilla

BastardSuperstar wrote:

that is, if by "the insecure" you mean "hippydudes who feel the need to solo endlessly and pointlessly for hours because they're afraid without it you'd find out that the song's not every interesting" then yeah, you hit the nail on the head.[/size]

You may want to consider asking yourself why you even clicked on the thread in the first place. Hippy festivals are boring. Are you trying to punish yourself or something?

One thing to consider ... bonnaroo is so huge that if you get bored during a long guitar noodle-fest, you can simply walk to one of the 5 other stages and watch another band play their whole set, then get back to the first stage by the end of the guitar solo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:37 am 
Godzilla

please note i wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:05 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I knew this would happen, some people have issues, I simply wanted to report what bands were playing so far because this IS NOT A JAM festival, at least anymore. Sure jam bands play, but they play at Lollapolloza and ACL too.

For the record some of my favorite bands are jam bands,
The Warlocks
Dungen
BJM

hell the Lindsay have some elements that I would consider "jam". The last 2 and a half mins of Life is Fair is nice Jam. Noodle fest heaven!

Oh here is a link to one of my favorite jam sessions with Anton and the Black Angels. No hippies in site, at this boards favorite "music festival" SXSW.

Part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uCjk7uZlZF8.

Part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIiYodPvX8Y

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:19 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

billboard saying the police are headlining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

robertduffy wrote:
billboard saying the police are headlining

link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:01 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

billboard.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:02 pm 
Mechagodzilla

thanks! really i didn't see it the first time, thats why i asked. That sucks, I dont care to see the Police.. Oh well, never really watched any headliners except Radiohead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:03 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

i'm just being a b-word today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:50 pm 
Godzilla

BastardSuperstar wrote:
please note i wrote:

I responded with something funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:53 pm 
King Ghidorah

eye ball kid news blog says Tom Waits is not playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:53 am 
Godzilla

That's mostly correct, but here's the official lineup.

http://bonnaroo.com wrote:
::: 2007 INITIAL LINEUP IS HERE!

Superfly Productions and A.C. Entertainment are proud to announce the initial lineup for the 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. The sixth annual four-day camping and music festival will be held on June 14-17, 2007, on the same 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. With over 100 bands and 20 comedians performing on 13 stages during the 4 day weekend, the mind-blowing Bonnaroo '07 line up promises to rock the Volunteer State like never before. A wildly diverse list of confirmed acts follows, with more to be announced in the weeks ahead.

Tickets for the 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will go on sale next Friday, February 23rd, at Noon Eastern time through this website.

2007 BONNAROO ARTIST LINEUP:

The Police · Tool · Widespread Panic · The White Stripes · Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals · Wilco · The Flaming Lips · Manu Chao · The String Cheese Incident · Franz Ferdinand · Bob Weir & Ratdog · Damien Rice · Ween · The Roots · Gov't Mule · The Decemberists · Kings of Leon · Michael Franti & Spearhead · Wolfmother · Regina Spektor · The Black Keys · Galactic · DJ Shadow · Gillian Welch · Spoon · Keller Williams (WMD's) · Sasha & John Digweed · STS9 · Old Crow Medicine Show · The Hold Steady · North Mississippi Allstars · Fountains Of Wayne · Hot Tuna · Feist · Hot Chip · John Butler Trio · Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys · Aesop Rock · The Richard Thompson Band · Dierks Bentley · Xavier Rudd · Gogol Bordello · Junior Brown · Tortoise · T-Bone Burnett · Mavis Staples · Clutch · Cold War Kids · Dr. Dog · Paolo Nutini · Brazilian Girls · RX Bandits · The Nightwatchman · The Slip · Girl Talk · Railroad Earth · Martha Wainwright · Rodrigo y Gabriela · Annuals · Tea Leaf Green · Sam Roberts Band · Elvis Perkins in Dearland · Charlie Louvin · Sonya Kitchell · Mute Math · Apollo Sunshine · Uncle Earl · The National · The Little Ones · Black Angels · Ryan Shaw

Lewis Black & Friends · David Cross · Dave Attell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:29 am 
Mechagodzilla

FUCK YEAH!

This is making up for my terrible day yesterday and my crappy ass drive to work this morning. The White Stripes as a secondary headliner? WOW, never thought that would happen, the black angels! SPOON! The Flaming Lips! Black Keys!!! And this is only the first, theres 3 or 4 more additions to come. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope because its listed as a 4 day fest this year that it means White Stripes will be a Thursday headliner...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:35 am 
Godzilla

seriously, this is the best lineup they've ever had

I was thinking of not going this year, but that's not the case anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:24 pm 
Godzilla

http://bonnaroo.com wrote:
TICKETS
Tickets for 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival are priced at three levels.

The first tickets will be priced at a special rate of $184.50 each. There is a limited allotment of tickets at this price. When the first allotment is sold out, ticket prices will increase without notice to $199.50 and then again without notice to $214.50.

* All tickets are 4-day weekend passes, which include camping and parking (except for RVs, and other oversized vehicles, which will require an additional pass, see below).
* Prices do not include service and shipping charges.
* Service charges are $21.85 PER TICKET. This includes a $3 fee for Coffee County, $6 Facility Fee, and $1 for charity.
* You will be offered two shipping options: UPS 2nd Day Air- No Signature Required for $10.00 per order OR UPS Second-Day Air Signature Required for $12.00. Shipping costs for International Orders vary based on the country to which the order is being shipped.

There is a limit of 10 tickets per order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:31 am 
Mechagodzilla

Yikes another price hike. The cheese is very happy he purchased pre-sale tickets. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 pm 
Godzilla

melikecheese wrote:
Yikes another price hike. The cheese is very happy he purchased pre-sale tickets. :D

Lucky bastard. Somehow my spam filter started auto-deleting all bonnaroo mailing list e-mails and I didn't even hear about the pre-sale.

They justify the price hike with that 4th day.

I hope it means a Thursday night headliner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:08 pm 
Mechagodzilla

DoctorRock wrote:
melikecheese wrote:

I hope it means a Thursday night headliner.

I think it does, they have always had music Thursday but it never goes past midnight or 1 and only on the tents, as you know. I thought maybe White Stripes would be a Thursday headliner as they were listed fourth. BUT, the newsletter from the WS team said they are playing the 17th which is Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:15 pm 
Godzilla

Make sure you check out Apollo Sunshine if you can. They were on tour with Columbus' own The Sun. I caught them at Little Bros. and I thought that they were great.

http://www.myspace.com/apollosunshine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:13 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Yeah I have there album and I like it, its pretty good, it will all depend on whos playing when...

VIP tix went up quite a bit. Wish I could afford it.

We are offering a limited number of VIP tickets for 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

Tickets will be sold for $1121.75 per pair*. + a 62 dollar fee + a 19 dollar fee.