blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mad Mex # 1 For Vegans
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:17 am 
Mechagodzilla

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 1502
So its made for liberal Dave Mathew fans out West.
I give a fuck.
They have soy cheese and vegan sour cream.
At no extra cost.
Aside from Brioso, you have to pay 50 cents extra just to get some soy milk
in your Latte. (Which makes no sense cause Soy milk doesn't go bad, and isn't more expensive then milk. This will make me a republican someday.BTW)

BUT THIS CHAIN CAN MAKES PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING VEGAN.
Only Son Tong Luck's Vegan game is that on point.

and theystart out your meal with free chips
Thats a side at pretty much every other veggie friendly restaurant.
Like half your meal.
I am paying 8 bucks and you can't crack some corn open?
Some Tater Tots?

Northstar is doing better, now they got them salads with the burgers.
But still man..
Step your side game up.
I am happy that Surly Girl and Bodego are around
Bodega's got them Tempah sandwhiches.
Surly has the veggie sausage.
Whole World is an option.
But seriously.
Step your side game up.

After 11 food is half-off at mad mex as well.

MAD MEX
I had a Vegan Enchillada today.
Like it wasn't even a wierd thing to want.

_________________
no, i am not listening to spice 1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:41 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
where?

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:49 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:01 pm
Posts: 5758
The South Campus Gateway
1542 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43201-1121
(614) 586-4007

_________________
"i'll show you how to make a token turn into a lifetime" dAGGER dAGGER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:07 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
redrabbit wrote:
The South Campus Gateway
1542 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43201-1121
(614) 586-4007


ooo, that's close to the office. I see some lunch in my future...

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
dude on the left is obvioulsy fueled by soy.

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:05 am
Posts: 7620
Location: The Cookie Capital of the World
In what parallel universe does soymilk not cost more than cow milk?

_________________
It was fifteen years ago, but I remember it like it was ten.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:52 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:38 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: Nowhere without my stunt team
Cookie wrote:
In what parallel universe does soymilk not cost more than cow milk?


The Soymilk Dimension. Aptly named.

_________________
. . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd we're back.

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:57 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 1502
Cookie wrote:
In what parallel universe does soymilk not cost more than cow milk?


well i haven't bought regular milk in years.
but i know soymilk is dumb cheap and doesn't go bad as quickly.
and it certainly doesn't cost 35 to 50 cents more for like 2 ounces.
its not like any of these spots use the soy 1/2 and 1/2.
they use bland soymilk.

i think its gouging.

_________________
no, i am not listening to spice 1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:58 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:01 pm
Posts: 5758
groundrules wrote:
dude on the left is obvioulsy fueled by soy.


How was it?

_________________
"i'll show you how to make a token turn into a lifetime" dAGGER dAGGER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:01 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:06 pm
Posts: 3528
Location: South
Wesley Flexner wrote:
Cookie wrote:
In what parallel universe does soymilk not cost more than cow milk?


well i haven't bought regular milk in years.
but i know soymilk is dumb cheap and doesn't go bad as quickly.
and it certainly doesn't cost 35 to 50 cents more for like 2 ounces.
its not like any of these spots use the soy 1/2 and 1/2.
they use bland soymilk.

i think its gouging.


Unless, like me, you purchase organic milk, soy milk is much more expensive than cow milk.

_________________
Pickles are destroying my life.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:08 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:05 am
Posts: 7620
Location: The Cookie Capital of the World
Wesley Flexner wrote:
well i haven't bought regular milk in years.
but i know soymilk is dumb cheap and doesn't go bad as quickly.
and it certainly doesn't cost 35 to 50 cents more for like 2 ounces.
its not like any of these spots use the soy 1/2 and 1/2.
they use bland soymilk.

i think its gouging.


Well, let's think about this for a second. A restaurant is obviously going to charge you more for you food that it cost them to buy the ingredients. They've got things to pay for. The building, the utilities, the employees, so obviously there's going to be a markup on raw ingredients to cover that. Also, they're probably going to have to get their soymilk from a specialty supplier. And that specialty supplier will probably be more expensive than the regular dairy supplier will be. In addition, although the soymilk may not go bad as quickly, it's going to be far less in demand than regular milk, and will probably go bad at rates comparable to regular milk when you consider how much longer on open container of it will remain in the restaurant. So, you can call it gouging, but I imagine any responsible business owner would call it "good business." If you want to pay for what the ingredients cost and nothing more, eat at home. (And don't use water, gas, or electricity in preparing or storing your food, because that's going to run your cost up.) Plus, if you asked for soymilk anywhere but some sort of hippie-run operation five or ten years ago, you probably wouldn't have gotten much more than a blank stare.

Man, vegans are whiny. And I say that as someone who hasn't eaten meat in about 20 years.

_________________
It was fifteen years ago, but I remember it like it was ten.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:27 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
abstraction wrote:
Cookie wrote:
In what parallel universe does soymilk not cost more than cow milk?


The Soymilk Dimension. Aptly named.


I think it's actually called the Soymilky Way.

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 1502
Cookie wrote:
Wesley Flexner wrote:
well i haven't bought regular milk in years.
but i know soymilk is dumb cheap and doesn't go bad as quickly.
and it certainly doesn't cost 35 to 50 cents more for like 2 ounces.
its not like any of these spots use the soy 1/2 and 1/2.
they use bland soymilk.

i think its gouging.


Well, let's think about this for a second. A restaurant is obviously going to charge you more for you food that it cost them to buy the ingredients. They've got things to pay for. The building, the utilities, the employees, so obviously there's going to be a markup on raw ingredients to cover that. Also, they're probably going to have to get their soymilk from a specialty supplier. And that specialty supplier will probably be more expensive than the regular dairy supplier will be. In addition, although the soymilk may not go bad as quickly, it's going to be far less in demand than regular milk, and will probably go bad at rates comparable to regular milk when you consider how much longer on open container of it will remain in the restaurant. So, you can call it gouging, but I imagine any responsible business owner would call it "good business." If you want to pay for what the ingredients cost and nothing more, eat at home. (And don't use water, gas, or electricity in preparing or storing your food, because that's going to run your cost up.) Plus, if you asked for soymilk anywhere but some sort of hippie-run operation five or ten years ago, you probably wouldn't have gotten much more than a blank stare.

Man, vegans are whiny. And I say that as someone who hasn't eaten meat in about 20 years.


And I understand that a business is gonna make me pay extra for something if they think they can.
I just think its suspect.

Well, Cafe Brioso doesn't charge extra for soymilk.
Neither does Northstar.
So it can't be that huge of a bullet to bite.
Mad Mex doesn't charge extra for soy cheese or tofu sour cream.

That was the point of my thread.
These places are vegan friendlier because they are trying to see how far they can get over on me.

_________________
no, i am not listening to spice 1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:38 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:00 pm
Posts: 689
vegan for health or something phillosophical?

_________________
Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real briefly?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:05 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:05 am
Posts: 7620
Location: The Cookie Capital of the World
Wesley Flexner wrote:
And I understand that a business is gonna make me pay extra for something if they think they can.
I just think its suspect.


Get this. It doesn't take two to three dollars worth of coffee beans to make your soy latte.

_________________
It was fifteen years ago, but I remember it like it was ten.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:26 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
Cookie wrote:
Man, vegans are whiny. And I say that as someone who hasn't eaten meat in about 20 years.


I recently overheard one of those hippie/plug-ear types trying to explain how yeast wasn't "vegan". Perhaps someone could correct me, but I've always thought it was (scientifically) classified a "plant".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:26 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
Cookie wrote:
Wesley Flexner wrote:
And I understand that a business is gonna make me pay extra for something if they think they can.
I just think its suspect.


Get this. It doesn't take two to three dollars worth of coffee beans to make your soy latte.


Those coffee drinks have about a 70-80% profit margin, BTW...

_________________
"It is logically impossible to have a game in which both the actions of the players and the final score can be subject to rules of fairness."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:29 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
Jawbreaker wrote:
I recently overheard one of those hippie/plug-ear types trying to explain how yeast wasn't "vegan". Perhaps someone could correct me, but I've always thought it was (scientifically) classified a "plant".


they're actually fungi.

PS- does wearing earplugs make me a hippie?

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:31 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
groundrules wrote:
Jawbreaker wrote:
I recently overheard one of those hippie/plug-ear types trying to explain how yeast wasn't "vegan". Perhaps someone could correct me, but I've always thought it was (scientifically) classified a "plant".


they're actually fungi.

PS- does wearing earplugs make me a hippie?


"plugs" like 2-inch-hole-in-yr earlobe "plugs". not the audio kind.

Do fungi have souls?

_________________
"It is logically impossible to have a game in which both the actions of the players and the final score can be subject to rules of fairness."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:41 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:39 pm
Posts: 2131
Location: Columbus: the next Columbus.
Jawbreaker wrote:
Do fungi have souls?


That's fucking awesome. I'm dead serious. Awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:03 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 1502
Jawbreaker wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Wesley Flexner wrote:
And I understand that a business is gonna make me pay extra for something if they think they can.
I just think its suspect.


Get this. It doesn't take two to three dollars worth of coffee beans to make your soy latte.


Those coffee drinks have about a 70-80% profit margin, BTW...


thats exactly my point.
they are already making a lot of money.
i am not against capitalism.
i am against paying an extra 50 cents for something when i don't it should cost that much.
they tax me on something that i don't think should be extra.

the point of this post was commending the resteraunts that don't tax me on this.

_________________
no, i am not listening to spice 1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:17 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:05 am
Posts: 7620
Location: The Cookie Capital of the World
Wesley Flexner wrote:
thats exactly my point.
they are already making a lot of money.
i am not against capitalism.
i am against paying an extra 50 cents for something when i don't it should cost that much.
they tax me on something that i don't think should be extra.

the point of this post was commending the resteraunts that don't tax me on this.


The point is, you're paying for it one way or another. If they don't flat out charge you extra, you can be sure that the cost is being absorbed by a big markup on something else you're buying.

_________________
It was fifteen years ago, but I remember it like it was ten.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:53 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:08 pm
Posts: 1502
Cookie wrote:
Wesley Flexner wrote:
thats exactly my point.
they are already making a lot of money.
i am not against capitalism.
i am against paying an extra 50 cents for something when i don't it should cost that much.
they tax me on something that i don't think should be extra.

the point of this post was commending the resteraunts that don't tax me on this.


The point is, you're paying for it one way or another. If they don't flat out charge you extra, you can be sure that the cost is being absorbed by a big markup on something else you're buying.


naw..cause i am walking away spending less money.
and thats why wanted to express my joy at these places way of doing things.

i said i like the other spots.
but I am happy that Mad Mex and Brioso don't tax me just because they can get away with it.

_________________
no, i am not listening to spice 1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:18 am 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:45 am
Posts: 876
Location: Space Egypt
geez, dude's just happy about a good deal on some animal friendly type food on a shitty block of this city.

let the man have his tofu and coffee, and tell ya how awesome it is.

on a related subject, I heard that everything at the ugly toona saloona is made out of dolphin babies.........orphan dolphin babies.

_________________
_____+______=______


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:26 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:14 pm
Posts: 4116
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Wait, so are mushrooms not vegan?

Cuz mushrooms are fungi....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group






Buy a Premium BlogAd