[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - movies you've walked out on

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: movies you've walked out on
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:43 am 
Mothra

only two. the first one was at the sf film fest, and we saw this horrible horrible japanese horror film called "ichi the killer."

recently we went to the sf indie film fest and caught "irreversible," walked out within 30 minutes. basically the film is done memento-style (backwards) about a guy who tries to find the man who raped his girlfriend. there's a 9-minute rape scene, but we didn't even get to that point. the director added what we know as "brown notes" during a crucial and already violent scene, heightening my nausea. here's a clip from a vice mag article:

He added stroboscopic sequences that cause audience members to literally spaz out, and boosted the soundtrack with subliminal infrasound that makes you want to shit your pants without knowing why. “This sound has the same effect on the body that earthquakes have on a city,” boasts Noe. “You can’t hear it, but you can feel it because it goes straight to the pit of your stomach.”

you can read the rest of the article here:
http://www.viceland.com/issues/v9n10/htdocs/barfing.php

the weird thing is, we hadn't known about it until we got home and did some research on the film. it explained why my boyfriend suddenly felt like he needed to take a shit when we walked out of the theater.

i have a chance to interview the director... still debating...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:02 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

MOTHER from Albert Brooked
THE FIFTH ELEMENT

Although I walked outta the Fifth Element because we started the film in the theater around 2am, and I was tired. (this was during the days i worked at a movie theater)

rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:36 am 
Godzilla

I've never walked out of a movie, but I was almost thrown out of "Me, Myself & Irene" becuase my best friend didn't have her ID and she was carded at the ticket booth, the door of the theatre and after we had sat down. She was 19.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:49 am 
Godzilla

oh god you devil when i was like 7 because i got too scared of satan. now it's all good, i love satan.

and i would have walked out on summer of sam if i hadn't been with a bunch of other people. what a pile of shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:18 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:33 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:05 am 
Mothra

friggin ghost ship.
i had time to kill at the mall while my car got fixed, so i thought i would see a movie. ghost ship was awful. its the only movie i walked out of, unless you count Starman, which my parents and I drove out of from the drive in cuz it was on after a superman movie or something... i cant remember.

Post subject: Re: movies you've walked out on
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:05 pm 
Snarf

Queen of the Damned

I've watched and enjoyed "bad" vampire films. Normally the phrase Rated R; Sexual Situations and Graphic Violence holds my attention - but this was poor.

As soon as the band started playing I was wishing I was in a coffin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:21 pm 
Mothra

man they were playing queen of the damned yesterday on hbo or skinemax or something thee other night... i couldn't believe it wasn't straight to video. aaliyah's damn hot tho, i'll tell you what. *pours a lil of my 40 on the ground*