[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - awlrite, newyorkers . . .

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: awlrite, newyorkers . . .
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm 
Godzilla

. . . who wants to put me up for a couple of nights?

'cuz i just found out that a couple of days after my b'day my musical idol JIM FUCKING FOETUS is playing a free show in brooklyn. and even better its my absolute favorite of all of his many and varied projects: STEROID MAXIMUS. and even better than that? instead of just him alone like the records are, it's going to be ol' jimmy and a TWENTY PIECE ORCHESTRA!!!

this is not only the must see show of the year for me, it just might be the must-see of the decade. there've been only 5 steroid maximus live performances since he did the first album in the mid-80's, and most of those were in paris. he's playing in a park as part of the celebrate brooklyn fest or some shit. and i will sleep in the fucking park if i have to.

if you dig his instrumental mindfuck stuff, or even just the venture bros. soundtrack shit, you NEED to be at this show. i will be, if the good lord's willing and the creek don't rise . . .

Post subject: Re: awlrite, newyorkers . . .
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:45 pm 
Godzilla

Always welcome.. And that goes for just about alla you freaks..

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm 
Godzilla

Dude. I live like 5 minutes from the park, maybe 15 minute walk from bong to stage. Just sayin.

edit:
ok, I lied - it's more like 30, but still.

edit:
what I'm trying to say is you're welcome here too. Maybe Curtis and I can fight over you.... OR we can all pre-game at my place then walk over there.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:28 pm 
King Ghidorah

huh... it's like a late sixties spy movie.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 pm 
Godzilla

no lie!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 pm 
Godzilla

It's an inside bong.

Surprisingly (not?) NYC has a huge number of busts per capita; but I assume that's usually the people who aren't being properly discrete.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:45 pm 
Godzilla

and they use fake cabs as undercover cars..Those guys are brilliant :roll:

pigs are everywhere here. Sometimes, you'll run into a police man, as opposed to the police officer..

Point is, be VERY discreet in public..

We ain't had a good fight for awhile, Don.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:01 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:11 pm 
Godzilla

yeah, I remember the first time I saw one of those "cabs" hit their lights and siren and fly through town. Definitely be discrete but... it's pretty easy to do too.

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:22 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

yo TJ i am a "celebrate brooklyn friend" which means i can get someone right up close to the stage in the seated area if you wanna get up in it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 am 
Godzilla

leaving for brooklyn super soon.
so stoked!
steroid fucking maximus!!!

(and if any of y'all nooyorkers know where i can lay my hands on one of those posters for this thing, hook a brutha up!)

i wonder if any of my old ft. greene roomies still live in that building? might have to surprise some folks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

so how did it play out

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 am 
Godzilla

I can't speak for anyone else, but I thought the show was freaking amazing.

Also, the next day was Weekend At Lou's (and I feel bad for even making that joke).

Good times. And seriously, Laurie and Lou must have been sweating bullets and ready for it to be over by the time this pic was taken.

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

we were at the mermaid parade too. lou looked miserable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

did u try that ice cream dude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 pm 
Mothra

It seems like there are a lot of you New Yorkers on here, so I thought I’d mention Lo-Pan will be in NY at Ace O f Clubs w/ Devil To Pay: This Sat, Jul 24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:39 pm 
Godzilla

Sweet, thanks!

If I can make it, this will be the 2nd time I've seen them in NY.

Lo Pan are a good band..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm 
Godzilla

Well, shit. I will do my best to make it out!

- Kung Fu Monkey