[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Let the Right One In

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let the Right One In
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 pm 
Mothra

i liked it better than near dark. i will see it again...

is coming to columbus.... opens 12/5 at the gateway.

i find it hard as foreign films always seem more awesome... but it's about as good a vampire film as can be expected to be found.

if you spend money to see it you will not be disappointed.

/shill.

Last edited by robertduffy on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
changed topic title

Post subject: Re: i liked it better than near dark. i will see it again...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

Ya this movie is one of the best I've seen in a while. Vampire genre or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:29 am 
King Ghidorah

I'm pretty sure there is already a Hollywood remake in the works.

Edit: Purportedly by Cloverfield director Matt Reeves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:53 am 
Mechagodzilla

Near Dark is my fav vampire movie. I will have to check this out!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:16 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:26 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

looks good

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:19 am 
Mothra

[myspace-video]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=45152818[/myspace-video]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:12 am 
Mothra

Vampires Suck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:03 pm 
Mothra

Gateway's totally bumped this from their schedule. It's now opening Friday 12/12 at AMC Lennox.

Post subject: Re: Let the Right One In
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:39 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

still playing at lennox
i also need to see this.

i guess i need to see 10 movies in the next 10 days.

Post subject: Let the Right One In
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:56 am 
Jet Jaguar

This just released on DVD and Blu Ray on Tuesday and you should rent it immediately. It is a vampire movie, sort of. It is a masterpiece of moody filmmaking, for sure. Watch the trailer and get excited.

The film is actually a lot slower than what the trailer implies, but in a good way. They hyped it up for American audiences (it is a Swedish film). Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) begins directing the American remake of this later this year, which I am sure will retain all the subtlety and nuance of the original. :sick:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm 
Mothra

my brother recommended this to me aswell. its on the top of my queue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:38 pm 
Godzilla

best flick last year. see it already.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 pm 
Godzilla

Watching it tonight.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:56 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

FINALLY watched it last night. good stuff

girl should maybe try to wipe the blood off her face after she feeds, but hey that's just the manners that you're taught growing up

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:04 am 
Mothra

it's the kid kool-aid mouth. it cracks me up.

it's kramer v kramer meets near dark meets my bodygaurd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am 
King Ghidorah

This should have been so much better than it was.

Ugh....CGI cat attack!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:14 pm 
Godzilla

Remake is currently shooting in CO, going to be called "Let Me In"

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/l ... lorado.php

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:47 am 
Godzilla

This movie was awesome. Great story moody directing and the final scene in the pool was shot perfectly. So many "hollywood" cliches could've been used in that scene and they avoided them completely. I absolutely loved this movie.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:37 pm 
Godzilla

I watched this last night and loved it! Fcuking beautiful shots the whole way through.

And the CGI cat attack was actually funny enough that it did not bother me.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

So I just read online the other day that the little vampire girl is actually supposed to be a castrated little vampire boy. Did anyone get that from the movie? And what could that possibly add to the character or story? Ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I just put it in my Netflix que. I hate the whole vampire trend. Hated Twighlight. Hate all those f'ing vampire series. Especially the one about the rednecky vampires. I want my vampires to be evil and not be romantic. I mean, what comes out of a vampires weiner? They're dead, right? Does he shoot cobwebs??? lol

Ok, 'nuff of my weird rant. I watched the trailer, and this actually seems right up my alley. American filmmakers need to takes some lessons from foreign directors.

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com