[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Google Droid

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Google Droid
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

anyone tried it?

Post subject: Re: Google/Motorola Droid
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:50 pm 
Godzilla

i haven't but would like some feedback as well

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:04 pm 
King Ghidorah

Screen is awesome.
It's heavy.
It has a 5MP camera and flash.
Physical keyboard is decent but could be better.
Best version of Android yet.
Google navigation comes built in, although it was released for other android phones today on the market: http://www.google.com/navigation

That's my review after playing with one for 5 mins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:15 pm 
Godzilla

excellent screen
Not AT&T
Google Apps are much more polished, integrated and feature-rich. (eg 3D Google Maps GPS)
No multitouch (though it's supported in the OS and the hardware)
Several people have noted the camera/autofocus isn't as good as the 3GS
Amazingly shoots 720 x 480 video
UI isn't as polished as the iPhone
Verizon call vs. data conundrum

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/11/05/ ... d-round-2/
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/moto ... id-review/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:33 pm 
Godzilla

Just looking up the price, and the Droid is 199 with a 2-yr plan, couldn't really figure out what an exactly comparable iPhone plan is, but it looks like the Verizon plans + data are actually more, though I don't understand the VZ pricing completely. Sounds like it'll be around 100/month. I pay 120 a month for many more minutes than I need as well as the extra txt messaging bundle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:57 am 
Godzilla

the hard corners are not sexy design
the display is fucking gorgeous
i hope there's a good touch-screen keyboard, because i'm not a fan of the physical one
(the enV3 or enVtouch has THEE benchmark for slide/flip keyboards, this is just flat)

it's an exciting phone, but i think i'll fucking LOVE the droid-3

i can't wait to see what lg does down the road for an android verizon phone. i love my enVtouch, but i don't have need for a phone as smart as an iphone or droid at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm 
King Ghidorah

I've had the HTC DROID for a week.

After being used to the iPod touch, I'll admit that it took some getting used to, as Apples interface is a bit more intuitive and certain functions are just done a bit better. (ie. the touch keyboard, facebook integration, the online store)

I dunno, it's slightly clunky and takes some getting used to, but I'm getting used to it, and starting to love it. The HTC is only $99 with a 2 year plan, and my package is only about $80-90 per month for service. I didn't want to go to AT&T for crappy service, when first and foremost it's operation should be to act as a decent phone.

Sleeker than the motorola with no slide out keyboard on the HTC, but it has the pinch & pull zoom. The virtual keypad is slightly harder to get used to from the Apple, but after a few days, I'm pretty good at it.

The whole things seems slightly beta right now, but I think the updates will definitely make this thing pretty awesome. The whole Google integration is going to play a big role in the success of these I think.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 pm 
Godzilla

got the motorola

screen is sharp as fuck

touch pad is touchy, hard key pad is tiny, have switched back and forth between the two, depending

so far so good i suppose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:05 pm 
Godzilla

man this phone is so cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 pm 
Godzilla

one of my posse just got one, i don't like that i can't really type with my thumbnails on the touch keyboards, and i REALLY hate the physical keyboard.

it IS fuckin' slick-tech, but in an ugly brick kinda way.
it basically re-enforced my thoughts that i'll REALLY fuckin' love the droid3.
or an enVdroid . . .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 pm 
Godzilla

there's definitely a learning curve and i'm not as quick with it yet as i'd like to be

and i do have a bit of a problem with the hard keyboard but i just dont think ive acclimated yet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm 
Godzilla

but i mean

it's the internet!

in your pocket!

the future is now!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:38 pm 
Mothra

Sprint unveils first 4g phone, the HTC EVO

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12261_7-20 ... 56022.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 pm 
Godzilla

just downloaded the opera mini browser, diggin it, though i havent fucked with it a ton yet

what other cool apps are we using?

where you at strummy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:55 pm 
Mothra

I bought an HTC Evo recently. It's so sick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:50 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:13 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff