[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Paranormal Activity

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paranormal Activity
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:00 am 
King Ghidorah

Saw this the other night. I definitely built myself up psychologically for this one from all the reviews and everything...

I have to say...even though the tagline for the movie is "don't see it alone"....you should definitely, definitely see it all by your lonesome self. I saw it in a theatre with a bunch of giggling jackasses who are so afraid to feel anything at all that they laugh at everything that could make them remotely afraid. I mean...it was raucous, forced laughter at every fucking jump scene or build-up scary sequence. Total tension killer. Going to the movies makes me loathe the mass populace.

With that said, it was still a good, creepy experience. I think if I'd seen it by myself at night I would have pissed my pants and not slept for a few days. One of the best horror movies I've seen.

I'm never going to the theatre to see a scary movie again though. The two times I've been scared out of my fucking mind were watching The Carnival of Souls and The Ring by myself during Thanksgiving break in my dorm room when everyone else had gone home. I wish I had waited to see Paranormal Activity in a situation like that.

Post subject: Re: Paranormal Activity
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

i want to see this but i am scurred

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:14 pm 
Godzilla

Fake "indie" major studio astroturf.

Kinda the equivalent of Warner Bros. throwing some white belts and haircuts on some High School kids and calling it "punk" or something.

Read some pretty divergent reviews, too. I'd download it out of curiosity, probably.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

No, seriously...it's scary. I'm pretty sure if you see this by yourself or just with your significant other you won't view your bedroom/apartment/house in the same way for quite some time.

I saw this in a theatre full of hyenas and I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes eyeing my bedroom door with my heart racing.

You kind of just have to allow yourself to buy into the premise, which of course is much easier when its just you, the screen and the darkness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:30 am 
King Ghidorah

I don't know.

I liked it, and it was scary, yeah......but why does every movie have to end with some open ended bullshit that could open it up to a sequel or something?

I mean, the ending part (the scary part) was good enough, why's the lady gotta go and be on the loose or some shit?

this movie was totally ruined by literally the last 5 seconds of it.......dissapointing.

I'll admit that I was more scared by this movie after I went home at night than I was watching it in the theater, though.

also, they've been hyping how on the cheap this movie was to make, ala Blair Witch, but am I the only one that is surprised at the fact they actually found some way to spend $15,000 to make this movie?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Dumb movie. Bad acting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:10 am 
Snarf

http://tvshack.net/movies/Paranormal_Activity__2007_/

if anyone doesn't want to waste their money (glad i didn't)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:23 pm 
King Ghidorah

yeah, I totally know what you mean, and I agree, and can have fun watching a dumb movie for sure.....

it's when the "reality" aspect of a film like this (unrealistic as it may be in the first place) is supposed to be what makes the film, uh, "intense" or whatever they're trying to do, and the director or writer can't just get out of the way and let it be "realistic". I mean, it's not a great movie by any stretch, but it probably would have had a lot more impact if it would have just ended, know what I mean? I'm not sure if they did it for a sequel, actually......what would they really do in a sequel anyway? I think they thought it would be scarier if there was some crazy lady walking around town after the fact, which is just silly.

In the same vein, Blair Witch is one of those movies that you can only watch once, and then it's kind of ruined.....but the first time you saw it, it was pretty creepy, right? This movie kinda just made you pissed off that you even tried to get involved in the suspension of disbelief in the first place. I mean, with the exception of films in the category of say.... Joe Dirt, Anchor Man, etc, I just don't like when filmmakers think that only idiots are going to be watching their movie or something.

eh, who cares, though, really. I went with thisoneholymedium, and he put his pretzel cheese in my popcorn bucket......so win win!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Horrible movie. There were some cool moments. BUT it was very dissappointing. Especially the end. It seemed as though the "cool" stuff was just starting to happen. Then......it ended. I liked that the creepy moments looked realistic for a low budget movie. Other than that............the hype did not match the drapes. (Whatever that means)

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

watched it at home. probably would have been more scurred in the theater, but at home it loses something. (maybe if you watch it in the dark and really set a mood you can get into it more).

my biggest problem was the boyfriend. super tool. and the girlfriend i get was used to the things happening, but it seemed like she let it go with the boyfriend way too long. it was their relationship that bothered me more than anything else.

if you watch it on blu/dvd, there is an alternate ending that does not lend itself to sequel as much as the theatrical version.