[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - okay so what should i do with the politics area of the board

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: okay so what should i do with the politics area of the board
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I've got a great idea. Maybe we can have a curse-word jar, but only for when someone calls another poster a bad name? If they don't pay up, Duffy and the rest of the gang go to their house and TAKE what is owed to Donewaiting. Ok...maybe not.....

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 pm 
Godzilla

I have to say that the whole "they don't have to click on the politics link" line doesn't work for me. 9 times out of 10, even though I'm registered, I don't bother logging in until I want to post a reply.

The way I surf the site is by clicking on "view active topics" and that has lately been dominated by political bullshit that I don't want to read.

As such, the board loses value.

I back Duffy's statement that the number of people who would and do use the "foe" thing which I've never noticed before, is small compared to the number who just lurk.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

i'm still stuck on Thunderdome

shirtless men in leather chaps having at it with chainsaws and what not...cookie laughing at us...

how could it go wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm 
King Ghidorah

pretty much the opposite of what eqj said applies to me.

i have no problem not clicking on threads i'm not interested in. i also don't use the Foe feature but when i read a thread i have no problem skipping over posts by a couple people whose comments i don't find any value in. (it takes a little extra effort if they change their avatars, but only a little.)

i also don't have a problem with reading opinions and views that differ from my own. my little bubble of friends mostly has the same views on politics, so i find it interesting to read some opposing views on the forum and to see how people defend those views when challenged.

i've never understood why people on this forum, more than on any other forum i frequent, call for threads to be locked when they don't like the content. or why the moderators ever heed those calls.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:24 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

This is why donewaiting is changing over the next few months. All posters will be required to enter a bloodpact with Duffy to sign their posting rights over to him as well as paychecks. Once you have completed the bloodpact, all posters will be indoctrinated and humped or jumped in to the cult (no homo, of course). All posters will be required to wear John Starks Knicks jeresys, white 2-strap reeboks and a g-string made from Kansas City Chiefs zubaz. On game days, you will sport scarlet and grey robes. Infidels can and will suck it. You will be crushed under the boots (reeboks) of DW. SUBMIT.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:13 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:15 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Well one of my good friends after reading this discussion has volunteered to moderate the politics area.

we'll see how that goes..... and adjust accordingly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:50 am 
Mechagodzilla

this sounds fun!
sorry, little late on this.
How about we just put the main perps on a politic forum temporary cool down ban??? If you subract the main "bell ringers" on each side the middle should be able to have some positive discussion. I think you know who the main 4 are...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 am 
Mechagodzilla

There's a foe feature?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 am 
Godzilla

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:46 am 
Godzilla

That's a bad idea. I know he's been abrasive and such but his last post sounded pretty damm reasonable to me. Annie you've posted plenty of things that have pissed people off, no?

Let's all hug and drink whiskey. Drunk till Nov. 4th.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am 
Godzilla

It's one thing to piss people off. It's another to post 18 threads in 20 days specifically designed to troll "OMG LIBARELS & HIPPOKRATES@!"

Plus, I stopped reading his posts after he tried to win the whole tire inflation bull pucky.

Just sayin' out loud what everyone is thinking.

If you have to have some one moderating a forum over and over again, it defeats the point of adult discussion.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:47 pm 
Godzilla

When they came for the Hayseed,
I remained silent;
I was not Hayseed.

In all seriousnessess, people are pretty uptight and they should be.

I've compiled video montage of all of Hayseeds posts. It's more exciting than it sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm 
Godzilla

Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:01 pm 
Godzilla

i think we've all gotten some insight into people's state of mind here..i think we should rename the forum to "my embarrassing psychosis as it relates to the upcoming election"..

Last edited by underspecialization on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:01 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:40 pm 
Godzilla

remember -

YHBT. YHL. HAND.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

some other boards implement a 'cooling down' period as opposed to an outright ban. like, you post boobs, you get benched for a couple days.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:07 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:54 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:26 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:09 am 
Mechagodzilla

Who cares? Let them argue, it's entertaining and fun. Why do you wanna get all "everybody play nice, if not I'm taking away your toys" all the sudden? You should censor offending images and stuff but when it comes to words I don't see what the big deal is. I know I've gotten my "internet" butt kicked around here a few times and the only thing that happened was that I met a few new friends.

One guy and one guy only ruined that one local message board that we had around here before the donewaiting. Its like the joker or terrorists. Don't give in Duffy. It's your board, and you can paint your bathroom wall I guess if you'd like. Most peeps from our happy lil "friendship farm" are always nicer in person then they are on here anyway. It's the modern anonymity that makes snarking each other behind closed doors and ip addresses fun. God bless america. Don't kill an awesome open democratic forum such as this Duffy. Its like killing a bald eagle with a laptop.

But I agree with you that it has gotten quite ridicoulus as of late.