[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Grand Theft Auto IV

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grand Theft Auto IV
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:47 am 
Jet Jaguar

IGN has given it a perfect 10, and it's the first perfect score they have given a game since 1999.

Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:51 am 
Godzilla

sigh. and just when i had convinced myself I didn't really need to buy a PS3 just for 1 game.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:41 pm 
Godzilla

dude, i bought a ps3 for one game.

and then, less than a year later, i bought an xbox360elite for THE VERY SAME FUCKING GAME simply because the xbox version had online fighting.

i love virtua fighter so very much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:10 am 
Godzilla

Scolds/censors/etc... coming out of the woodwork.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... lease.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:47 am 
Jet Jaguar

Reviews continue to pour in, and they are all amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 pm 
Godzilla

Stimulus Package here i come.

All the in game video I've seen of this GTAIV looks great. Can't wait to try their online Vs. battles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:46 pm 
Godzilla

yesterday at noon g4 broke into their programming for 10 minutes of in-game play footage. it was fanfuckingtastic. i've been playing gta's since the first overhead one and this one looks like the kinda jump-over-the-previous-one that vice city was over gta3.

tonight on x-play, they'll be doing a full hour on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:53 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

i took this video of me last night right after i bought it..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'll be firing it up when I get home from work today. First order of business: killing spree.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:03 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The 30mins I was able to play it at lunch were really fun. Driving is more realistic and tough. Dude is not a good fighter off the bat...though I did beat a few bums to death. I punched a cop and got arrested (I would have gotten away in real life) and while I was running from the cops after another incident I got out of a stalled car (yes they stall when you beat them up too much) and the cop slammed his car into me, sandwiching me between two cars...I died! AWESOME so far.

Where is the thread about Mario Kart?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

What's the stock status on this?

am i gonna be able to walk into a place and pick this up, or am i going to have to perform tickle-me-elmo-sex-acts to get my hands on it before July?

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:31 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yeah, i wasn't really expecting to have any extra cash around the end/beginning of the month(s), which was my reason for not pre-ordering. but what do you know? i've got some money to burn (not really just some left over after bills)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:56 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:04 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 pm 
Jet Jaguar

In the last few hours, I've performed multiple unspeakable evil acts. I need to go to bed now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:52 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:19 am 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm 
Godzilla

it's killing me to not go buy it today, but there's all kinds of reports on the webs about GTA4 freezing-up issues on the 60gb ps3's, and yep, sure-enuff, i'm rocking the 60. it's supposedly a small percentage, but if i go buy it, and have to wait 2 weeks for a patch, i'll fucking kill everything in sight WITHOUT a dualshock3 in my hands, and that'll just land me serious jail-time.

it's not videogames that promote violence, it's not being able to play a videogame that does it for me . . .

i kinda want to find a friend who's got the ps3 version so i can play the first mission (where the freeze-trouble seems to start) so i know if mine will be one of the machines that it'll lock-up on before i buy it.

i should just buy the damn xbox version, because there's less reprted problems and it'll have the better DLC later, but i just really prefer my ps3. it's quieter when running and i like the controller SOOOOO much more.

btw: how are the controller vibrations on this game? either system . . .

Last edited by BastardSuperstar on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

[quote="BastardSuperstar"]it's killing me to not go buy it today, but there's all kinds of reports on the webs about BTA4 freezing-up issues on the 60gb ps3's, and yep, sure-enuff, i'm rocking the 60. it's supposedly a small percentage, but if i go buy it, and have to wait 2 weeks for a patch, i'll fucking kill everything in sight WITHOUT a dualshock3 in my hands, and that'll just land me serious jail-time.

it's not videogames that promote violence, it's not being able to play a videogame that does it for me . . .

i kinda want to find a friend who's got the ps3 version so i can play the first mission (where the freeze-trouble seems to start) so i know if mine will be one of the machines that it'll lock-up on before i buy it.

i should just buy the damn xbox version, because there's less reprted problems and it'll have the better DLC later, but i just really prefer my ps3. it's quieter when running and i like the controller SOOOOO much more.

btw: how are the controller vibrations on this game? either system . . .[/quote]

I have the 60GB PS3 and GTA works just fine on mine. I've been playing with the Dualshock3 and I haven't felt much controller vibration so far.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:47 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm 
Godzilla

still haven't bit the bullet on a PS3 yet so I can't say from experience but I've been reading a lot and while I have seen the lower than 720p thing on PS3 version, there also seems to be a lot of pop in on the xbox that I haven't read about on PS3. Also supposedly slightly longer load times on xbox since PS3 installs to hard drive but I don't think it's a huge difference.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:58 pm 
Godzilla

I'm ashamed this is so enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I've been playing the multiplayer tonight and it's awesome. My only complaint is that people in the Free Mode just treat it as a deathmatch. It's ridiculous. Cops N Crooks rules.