[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Independent Playground // CD101 Discussion

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Independent Playground // CD101 Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:12 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

"CD101's Independent Playground airs every Sunday 10pm-12m and every Thursday 11pm-1am on 101.1FM. DJs Tom and Rudy play a mixture of independent label, unsigned and local bands. They often feature interviews and guests along with local show info and recommendations. Even when there's a hockey game on air the Independent Playground still can be heard via CD 101's online stream.

If that ain't enough, Cringe.com hosts a chat every Sunday 10pm-12m in conjunction."

courtesy of

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:15 pm 
Godzilla

i do when i'm in my car and i remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I regret to say that I really should listen more often. I try to listen when I remember but that's not very often.

Tom and Rudy are great guys and have allowed me to sit in a guest on a few occasions to plug Swizzle-Stick.com.

-Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:42 am 
Jet Jaguar

I'm a pretty faithful Sunday night listener and Cringe.com chat participant. It makes me feel like I'm out rockin... (two kids upstairs in bed) and of course I love to support LOCAL music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:05 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:03 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:04 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I listen to it faithfully. I'm a huge dork about it - if I'm drawing or working while listening I'll even take little notes about what I like while I listen.

minimott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:20 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I don't listen that often so I made a point to listen for just a few minutes this past Sunday. Of the 5 songs that I heard, only one really stuck out ... something by Caustic Resin that I thought sounded like Black Sabbath. Even though I have the CD I had never listened to it. Hearing it on the Playground inspired me to give the CD a spin and it's pretty good. My only "problem," if you will, is that Tom and Rudy seem to equate "indie" rock with "noisy/punk" rock. There are a lot of artists out there that sound like mainstream artists but are on independent labels that I wish they'd play more of. I think I'd listen more if they played stuff that didn't hurt my ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

well you do have a derek trucks avatar, so i suppose your opinion is not that important and why cd101 has the generic and blind backing it doesn't deserve. when i flip it on and hear bob marley in the middle of the afternoon, i know this station is in big fucking trouble. so they are independent and not corporate, so what, they act just like a coporate radio station. Honestly let's take another poll, is a band like Dada or Cracker or Verve Pipe even worthy of airplay this day in age. CD101 treats it like gold. Another sign of thier lazy, apathetic, and out of touch operations going on down there. Give Ron House or Eric Davidson a time slot. The only good programming is "Invisible Hits" on Sunday nights, they pack in a hour of stuff that should be played throughout the week.

Average DJ at CD101, 5 p.m.:

"Hmmm...should I play this great single "Harmonic Generator" by the Datsuns, this wonderful new Black Keys song, some Rapture?"

a few seconds go by, nothing in their heads, back on the air in 5.4.3.2.1.

"Hey everybody (mindless, humorless banter) this is "Superman" from R.E.M. on CD101 stuff you don't hear everyday."

Yeah right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:07 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:23 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:00 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:05 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:29 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject: cd101
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:08 am 
Mothra

I have only one complaint

EVERCLEAR. Old Everclear, New Everclear... I mean it really doesn't matter because their songs are literally almost all identical. I swear the dude only knows one rythm... and 3 cords. Listen to that station for an hour and I guarantee you'll hear Everclear. Seriously what is going on? Is he related to someone at the station or did he do a "big room" and now they are forever indebted to him? Or is it just the case of "well we need to add some new music ..........oh Everclear has a new record out lets check it out. SWEET it sounds like their last one which we played so.... ADD IT". Repeat this conversation year after year after year. Is this really happening? Could it be that simple?

oh wait I do have another complaint. There is no need to ever play any of the following songs. Nirvana (Smells like teen spirit, Come as you are), Pearl Jam (Alive, Jeremy and Evenflow), Beck (loser), REM (losing my religion), Everclear (santa monica or anything else... I just covered that sorry), Dave Mathews Band (crash into me) ... I don't know, there is probably at least a dozen more but you get the idea. These songs have been played to death. The only people who would want to hear them are freaks who can't afford to buy them at wal-mart and who's favorite hobby is CALLING RADIO STATIONS to request songs they already know. (*note these people do NOT represent your audience, dicks like me represent your audience and I would never call to make a request. if I want to hear a song that bad I'll put the freaking CD in and listen to it at home).

okay I'm done.

PS. Front Stage and Independent Playground are two of the best things this city has going for it. celebrate good times uh huh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:03 pm 
King Ghidorah

Last edited by Wumme Wenders on Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:21 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:06 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next