[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Les Savy Fav / S Process / Denovo @ Factory 4/7

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Les Savy Fav / S Process / Denovo @ Factory 4/7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:24 pm 
Snarf

All I've got to ask is this:

WHO'S WITH ME?

Les Savy Fav has earned a reputation as one of the most dynamic / dangerous live bands out there right now and I'd love to welcome these boys to Columbus with some serious fervor and zeal.

To get a taste you can have some mp3 downloads from

WAKE UP! I'M COMING OVER!

Learn to love it or at least appreciate it while it's around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:42 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

hey Mark, I am in. Being a Denovo Lover and them telling me Les Savy is good, that is all I need.

rob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:05 pm 
Mothra

I will be at the show as well. Check out their last LP, Go Forth. It's excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:50 am 
Godzilla

everything they've ever put out is excellent, it's scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:46 am 
Jet Jaguar

YES YES YES. LES SAVY FAV is incredible! anyone and everyone - even those who don't like the rock - would still love this band's live show. i'm psyched as hell.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:28 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Okay, I dicked out and missed the show last night.

Someone give a recap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:11 am 
Godzilla

Post subject: Yeah...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:25 pm 
Snarf

For me it was either "Tarzan", when he went into the crowd and tipped over that light (because someone had precariously balanced their overpriced 'cool' drink in it :wink: ), or when Harrington went behind the stage and cast his shadow onto the backdrop with the stage light he had just ripped down. Yeah, then he made out with another shadow and took his shirt off, I think. I was looking around to catch the reactions on everyone's faces and they were loving it!

As if that wasn't enough, the music rocked really hard. REALLY hard.

I got Tim / Syd / and Seth to sign my Cat and the Cobra and they did little drawings on it and all sorts of random coolness. Talked to Syd about Frenchkiss (It's the label he started and he's been signing some really good bands.)

Check out:
For some smooth downloading goodness.

It was funny talking to Harrington because he was telling me normal and every day happenings (his laptop getting fried etc.) and we both knew that in about 25 minutes he was going to turn into a screaming lunatic...much to the delight of all assembled. A cool moment.

Duffy, bailing was NOT in your best interests.

Good turnout, though, for a Monday night. S Prcss was damn good too. They had this little waif of a girl on the kit and because of the Meg White thing in the "vast girl drummer field" you assume she's not gonna crush (no offense to Meg) but I swear to you when she started blasting away it was like the third or fourth best moment of the night (and that's saying something at a Fav show). And since it was my first time seeing or hearing them I was totally blown away. It's a LOT of fun to be surprised by a band and these folks surprised me. I'd describe their sound as almost a heavy reggae. Forgive me if my comparison does a disservice to the separate terms "heavy" and "reggae" but it was rocking and different from what I've heard lately. Strange, but I was flashing thoughts of early Police during some of their more synched riffing. Don't expect this sound from the mp3 available, though. It's a bit more electronic and doesn't represent their live power, IMHO. Everything sounds FAAAAAR AWAAAAAY. :(

Last night was my first night for Denovo and I was impressed. I'd buy what they're selling in a heartbeat. The lead singer had a good time too because toward the end of the night I noticed him slip up behind the stage and watch next to the lead singer for S Prcss...just in time to see Tim stand on a kid's shoulders, hang from the sprinkler system and fondle himself with the microphone while gyrating his hips. Awesome spectacle + hilarious fun + incredible music = A great night with a great band.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Here's hoping they stop back.

Post subject: Re: Yeah...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:50 pm 
Snarf