[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Music Collective // Booking National Bands

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:42 am 
Jet Jaguar

Those aren't the people anyone wants at a show. People who actually listen are what I like. I'll take one musician who's into it over 50 warm bodies.

Post subject: osu kiddies
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:22 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:23 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:28 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: funny
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:39 pm 
Mothra

haha, we're on the same page now, yeah i didn't say all, i said most students are MTV drones or of that type.

that point about the lantern was spot on.

Post subject: So the support is there...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:13 pm 
Snarf

Hey all,

Clearly, people are excited about this idea of luring bands to Columbus. With that established, we turn to the more difficult

"How the hell..."

I have ZERO connections and merely a smidge of the knowledge required to organize actual "bookings." But, I do know that I have some enthusiasm for seeing good music and a willingness to lobby the proper parties in order to hear and see the aforementioned good music.

Maybe a good idea would be to have two divisions of this concern: One dealing with the technical/logistical issues and the other with the youthful exuberance issues. I dunno. Regardless, somebody point me in the right direction and let's get started.

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Hey Mark --

Thanks for your enthusiam.

I've come to find that professionalism, enthusiasm, having your shit together and not fucking anyone over are the four main ingredients to make something successful, no matter what you're doing.

Add to the fact that both myself, Tallgirl and Swizzlechip have had some experience booking shows so we know some of the details, but there's still a lot we need to figure out. I'd say once we do get it going, we'll be off to a running start rather than a slow pace.

At least, that's my hope. :)

And of course any and all help will be appreciated. So thanks for your interest, and welcome to the board, too!

rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:41 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: here's one
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:51 pm 
Mothra

Post subject: Re: here's one
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:00 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:08 pm 
Mothra

I have no experience with bookings but I have been here for over 18 years (back when Black Flag and Husker Du played at a bar/laundramat on campus). I've bought more CDs at Used Kids than I care to admit.

Anything I can do to help in this cause I would be willing to do. I too think the guy at the Factory is doing a good job (Califone coming 4/26/03!) but otherwise we aren't very well represented here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:26 am 
Jet Jaguar

i remember that black flag show... h. rollins sitting by himself on a picnic table being real pensive and angry, my war indeed!! losing my wallet and having to go back out and look for it. freezing cold night. bill doing yoga before he hit the skins... brilliant little taste of california.

i know this sounds trite and stupid but i think a logo and name help in the long term for building a rep. i offer the generic but direct "columbus booking collective" to get the ball rolling. "CBC presents...GBV, GVSB, DCFC and BTO" i can see the searchlights scanning the sky already.

i'll do what i can for the cause from my remote location; embedded as i am in a presbyterian church youth group here in wooster ohio, seeking the Truth. ok, so that part's not true but i'm in.

let's get to some nuts and bolts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:18 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Thank you everyone for your contribution in this.

Right now we're digesting what everyone wrote, processing, and we'll be back with another round of discussion.

All of your posts have been helpful.

It's going to happen.