[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - ATTN: Friendship Farm Shutting Down Permanently 4/8/11

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: ATTN: Friendship Farm Shutting Down Permanently 4/8/11
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

It's obvious to those who come to the message board on a regular that the decline has been going on for the last year. Lots of factors contribute to this, most noticeably people finding more ways to spend their time online (Facebook, Twitter, etc). And while traffic on the blog continues to grow every year (and even our own social media ventures), the Friendship Farm has been stuttering along.

So rather than have it continue to die a slow and painful death, we've decided to bulldoze the farm and officially close the message board on Friday, April 8.

This is not the end of Donewaiting. We'll be posting more weekly show roundups on the (with the opportunity for you to add other shows we may have missed), and will focus more on the blog on other topics that were Farm favorites (Comfest, bands coming to Columbus, etc). We also encourage you to post more comments on the blog, and also begin conversations on our .

Thanks for all the time, words, and energy you've put into the Farm over the past 8.5 years. This wasn't an easy decision to make, but it's the right time to do it.

FOLLOW THE BLOG: http://donewaiting.com
CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION: http://facebook.com/donewaiting

-------

4/9/11 Update

Okay everyone, posting is now closed on the Friendship Farm.

You will still be able to log in, send each other PMs, and read the archive of the site.

Like stated before, the site still lives. Discussions can continue on the blog, found over .

We've set up a new place for people to track the Touring Bands Coming to Ohio... Read and post tips here: http://www.donewaiting.com/touring-band ... ohio-2011/

We'll be doing a better job on the blog of posting weekly round up of upcoming Columbus bands' shows. You can reply in the comments for additions, or e-mail the staff about your upcoming shows so we have them on file. Contact information: http://www.donewaiting.com/2008/01/08/contact-2/

If Facebook or Twitter is the thing, join the conversation over there:
http://facebook.com/donewaiting
htp://twitter.com/donewaiting

Want to write for Donewaiting? Get in touch.

We hope with all these other options available, your conversations don't end on the site, they just get shuffled around a bit.

Thanks for the thousands of posts, conversations, and the occasional lawsuit this board brought to the site. The spirit of the Friendship Farm can live on in other corners of the site, but it's up to you.

Post subject: Re: ATTN: Friendship Farm Shutting Down Permanently 4/8/11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 am 
Godzilla

well ill be damned

Stardrop needs to play the farewell show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm 
Godzilla

and benzo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:29 pm 
Godzilla

wait, is this because i said it smelled like myspace in here?

sorry . . . i didn't mean it!
don't take your ball and go home!

jeez, i was just funnin' . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm 
Godzilla

do i get an awesome title under my handle like "friendship farm vanquisher" or something? i mean, even if it's for a few days i'll totally take credit for killing off the board.

(even if billy cool did all the REAL work . . .)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:08 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm 
Godzilla

BOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

It's the only reason I come to this site.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm 
Godzilla

. . . and a last minute zing on the way out the door from the duffinator! nice!

(but i really am gonna miss the 'board)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

True. Farm comes before Reader.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Could we get a Clinton Reno designed Friendship Farm RIP commemorative shirt?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am 
Godzilla

It just won't feel right announcing my first amateur boxing fight for charity versus Ron Barker as a facebook event. Could be the greatest show on earth if the right bands play. He probably won't show, anyways and you'd only get a 45 second bout unless I do my Andy Kaufman thing for the first 2 rounds. He'd probably just try to bite my ear off.

Thanks for years of entertainment, Donewaiting!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I love you Wumme.

I took it like this:

Restaurant doesnt sell item A anymore

I'm not going to Restaurant anymore

Welp!

But I do get delivery with item B

THEN WHY BRING UP YOU NOT COMING IN THE FIRST PLACE

It's all good. This was just a flash of what the farm used to be. Facebook tustles are never as interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 am 
King Ghidorah

This is a real question-

Where am I going to find out about shows now? This was the spot to find out about Carabar, BoBO, Skylab, house shows etc for me. I need tips on where to go now people. Do I need to join Facebook? :x Is there somewhere else? I need help.

And Cheers to you all. It has been fun and I am sad to see it go as I don't use all these new things that seem to have killed the farm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 am 
Godzilla

For live shows cringe.com won't let you down. Heck, they will even send it to your phone. Would still be nice to see here. So excited about how this frees up my freetime. I can probably get back to finishing that novel, now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am 
King Ghidorah

cringe is great for checking what is going on today or the next but not much further out than that. I check cringe almost every day.

Do Bobo or Cara or Skylab have calenders anywhere online now?

they used to be on Myspace :doh:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next