blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capital City Half Marathon Call For Performance Submissions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The Capital City Half Marathon is seeking acts (musicians, DJ's, cheer groups, etc.) to perform at their 8th annual race on Saturday, May 7, 2011.

Those participating would perform in front of participants in the Half Marathon and Fun Run, spectators and volunteers. Their group would also be promoted through various CCHM outlets.

Interested acts should email dbabner@m3ssports.com and include a link to music samples (applies to musicians only). The number of entertainment groups selected will be capped at 50.

Confirmation emails will be sent upon receipt of your email. Exact performance locations will be mailed to groups in early April, along with race day instructions. Groups would need to be at their assigned location by 7:00 a.m. All groups will finish performing by noon, with some groups ending earlier, depending on location.

The CCHM will provide access to electricity, either from a business or a generator. All groups will be responsible for supplying their own equipment.

The Capital City Half Marathon is one of the nation’s largest half-marathons in the United States with 15,000 participants. In 2010, these participants represented 35 states and 3 countries.

Last edited by hooch on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Capital City Half Marathon Call For Submissions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:20 pm 
Godzilla

I love all of the distractions during the run; makes it go by dang quick. Just signed up again for this one. Last year, right where there's about 2 miles to go there was a DJ just before you run through this tunnel who was blasting the theme to Rocky. It may have been a little too inspiring. Everybody starts barreling a$$ like they're going to sprint the rest of the 2.1 miles...for like 200 or 300 yards.

My brother is a few minutes behind me and says when he goes through the tunnel they're playing "Welcome to the Jungle" (he said "You're gonna die!" was very appropriate at the time). When he gets out of the tunnel he says he has never seen so many people laid out, crawling on the ground, doubled over, puking during the event.

It had to be the group hauling a$$ to Rocky. You gotta reign it in, kids. This is not a sprint. I formally request "59th St. Bridge Song" at the 11th mile marker this year.

Post subject: Re: Capital City Half Marathon Call For Performance Submissions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:41 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I've been told they just need a few more performers and particularly DJs.

Post subject: Re: Capital City Half Marathon Call For Performance Submissions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'll be running. I've had some co-workers who have run it before and they finally got me to sign up. Supposedly there is champagne and chocolate at the finish line for all the runners, which sounds like the last two things I would want to eat or drink after a long run like that.