[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:29 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 pm 
Godzilla

The logic that a band exists, therefore it's deserving of "press" is invalid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:19 pm 
Godzilla

are there even any good bands in columbus anymore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 am 
Snarf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Shot of the Phantods from WeRCbus...
Caption reads that they are "rockin SXSW"
Shot is from front of stage, no audience shown at all, but to the right you can see the place looks damn near empty.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:32 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:15 am 
King Ghidorah

if a band played in the woods, did the show really happen?

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:18 am 
King Ghidorah

btw i have friends that play sxsw pretty consistantly... i bet you can guess how many times they've hit me up on kickstarter.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:43 am 
Godzilla

Is this another thread about Columbus' place in the music scene or how we should get the word out about the Columbus scene? This may or may not be an appropriate time for me to pimp my DIY book about being an "artiste" (pronounced ar-teest).

An excerpt:

"The artiste sees little or no value in self-promotion. The artiste is distracted by the beauty of the world AND its sadness, is prone to drinking heavily and calling off, making love like the world is about to end, frollicking about the countryside with a fine French pinot noir or trying to overdose on THC in a secluded basement while recording another unlistenable, unheard gem and perhaps accidentally erasing it in the process. The artiste's mind is clouded with drugs and artistic vision. He knows that expecting to be compensated for pushing his art on friends and various other victims is like eagerly awakening on a bone-chilling wintry morning before sunrise, downing half a bottle of Ten High whiskey, shoveling the neighbor's roof and expecting prompt payment for services rendered.

Success is defined by how close the art matches or suggests the artiste's vision not how marketable it is. Afterall, the art is priceless. The banal idea of whoring the product of his muse is as likely to elicit snarky chortling as it is to create an urgency to vomit and depending on the artiste's present state of mind could lead to difficulty in inhibiting emotions, anger, excitement and even violent behavior. The artiste knows their art doesn't have potential to sell until at the very least 30 years after they have been buried upon accidentally overdosing in a trashed apartment above a dive bar."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:18 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I certainly don't make it out to shows as often as I'd like. But I try to get out enough to not be "out of touch." I do have an ongoing mental list of bands I haven't seen that I want to make sure I see. Too, most bands aren't shy about sending email updates with relevant news, music, etc.

There's also the stuff I have no business writing about that I try to forward on to people who are more in the know about certain bands, genres, etc.

But yeah, there have been quite a few threads dedicated to the question of "What should local music press cover'?" Anything I say would be a rehash. I'd search around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:43 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

here's a bit of a write up of the show

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... ction.html

special guest appearance by the friendship farm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:15 pm 
Godzilla

My manager and i stopped by the showcase. I think its cool that they are trying to do something, but on the way home, we brainstormed a zillion things To try that might help it to be more successful.

And for only $250, i will tell them what those things are.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 pm 
Mechagodzilla

HOW MANY RECORD DEALS DID THEY GET?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:39 pm 
Mechagodzilla

ARE THEY GONNA PAY BACK THE DONATORS OR JUST GIVE THE MONEY TO THE BANDS?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 pm 
Snarf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next