The $$$ isn't even the point. After hearing the incident with Mr. Spaghetti I was convinced I wasn't dealing with anybody who gives a shi$.
So you got yer feelins hurt and thought throwing a hissy fit on the internets would bring better retribution than just calling your bank and having the duplicate charge removed?
The responses giving support to and justification of the mistreatment of a performer based on his name, appearance, set list, the car he drives and whatever the fuck else is uncool about him was the biggest surprise and probably the biggest reason for avoiding the place.
1. Haven't you been on here long enough to expect nothing less?
2. Did I miss something? b/c from what I can tell none of those comments were made by anyone officially speaking for the bar.
Lastly, I have missed you guys. Nice to see things heat up just before the end of the year.
It is nice to heat things up. Gotta keep things interesting and controversial or the board's no fun.
Maybe you did miss something. The thread was inspired by
1. The hissy fit and the comments about Eddie Spaghetti (who I am not a fan of and know little about), which came from the owner who made the hilarious decision to hire Eddie and then threaten not to pay him his guarantee, ridicule him and rant about it because he played covers when the act was, in fact, touring in support of a record of covers.
2. My lack of surprise that of all places in 20 years of drinking in Columbus the only place my card is erroneously run through an ATM for a cash withdrawal (it wasn't a duplicate charge that the bank could go in and correct) that I didn't ask for nor receive, occurs at the same place and even though the error is recognized that night, a resolution isn't offered other than- well, if it doesn't credit back and void out just stop by the bar another time. I don't know how much time you've spent working or drinking in a bar, but, that's not how it works.
As it turns out:
1. People get their cards run erroneously at this bar all the time and it is not a big deal.
2. It is perfectly fine to treat acts that you book at your club like crap, provided that they suck.
So, I'm good. I get it, now. Cheers and Happy Holidays.