blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drummer looking for players for fusiony jazz band
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 am 
Snarf

Hello All,

Looking for a few players, most importantly a solid bassist, interested in putting together a mildly experimental jazz trio/quartet. At this point I guess the proper thing to do would be to like 'name drop' a bunch of bands that have been influencing my thinking lately. Well, here's who I've been recently listening to: John Coltrane (the Impulse years), Medeski Martin & Wood, Bela Fleck, Branford Marsalis, Chick Corea, E.S.T, plus a bit of Tortoise, Stereolab, St. Germain, Cinematic Orchestra, and others.

I'm a drummer with about 17 years experience; I played in the University of Toronto's Hart House Jazz ensemble while an undergrad there, and took lessons with Paul Wertico (of the Pat Metheny Group) while a grad student in Chicago. I do have a day job so this would only be an awesome part time thing. That being said, I would like it to be a least a little bit serious. Email me if this sounds like it could be alright, and be sure to tell me something about yourself other than just "I like to play music". :)

Peace and love,
dan