[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Here's the Comfest Schedule

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Here's the Comfest Schedule
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:04 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:05 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:08 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm 
Godzilla

Comfest is just a big ol' beer drinkin', weed smokin', band playin' annual 3-day party/family reunion in Goodale park. Perhaps this year more than ever. I doubt it was ever intended to be either some sort of validation for your (in the general sense) band's talent, draw, or dedication, nor some sort of music showcase designed to connect you with those who can propel you "to the next level", (ala SXSW) whatever that means to you. There are other events like that; this one is not it.

What it can be, is the worst fucking gig of your life, as you play for nothing in front of nobody, while dealing with either oppressive heat, or torrential rains, and have to deal with insane crowds to park & haul your gear, and huge lines to piss and get beer. It can also be a magical experience that people will talk about for years, if you pull off some over the top performance in front of all your friends and a bunch of people who had never previously heard of you & would have never otherwise checked you out. But honestly…any "progress" or breakthroughs of any bands I have ever been in have happened in the time between Comfests, not during.

Not to be all pseudo-zen, but the less you expect, the more rewarding it will be. And the more you expect comfest to be _______ or _______, the more disappointed you will be. You love the lineup at a particular stage? Park your lazy ass there all day and lose yourself in the music. Don't like the next band? Get up and walk around, see all your ex's, eat a fishboat, share a joint with someone and make a new friend. Pass out. Leave for awhile, hit a local bar, and come back. Skip the whole fucking thing. I dunno. After 10 years of playing this thing, it seems pointless to expect it to be anything than what it is, a big, gorgeous, meaningless clusterfuck of enormous proportions that might or might not be the best/worst time of your life, depending on your attitude. /hippie rant]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 pm 
Godzilla

I just want to state for the record that I'll out-bitter all of you COMBINED.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 pm 
Snarf

I have played SXSW and I have played COMFEST. COMFEST is more fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm 
King Ghidorah

There should be a comfest thread in the "Hype" section, so people will know about this event. Maybe we could get some people to attend, if we did that.

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:10 pm 
King Ghidorah

lulz @ people who blame the hippies for anything that goes wrong.
srsly tho. stfu and stay home. more (.)(.)'s for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 am 
Mechagodzilla

U ALL R FUCKING RETARDS
EVERYDAY OF YER LIVES :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 am 
Mothra

Ha... seriously, I like the Gibson Brothers. But this is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:48 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Let's not forget this festival back in the summer of '05

http://web.archive.org/web/200702130412 ... _block.php

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am 
Godzilla

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next