[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - should live sound always get paid?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: should live sound always get paid?
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 pm 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 pm 
Mothra

I've never really complained either, or felt like I had to with few exceptions. We have a ton of shit, and all kinds of things can go wrong. So, I'll typically ask for more vox in the monitors, but that's about it. If something just isn't sitting right in the mix, I know it's because we're working with a guy that's not familiar with us, and that's okay. It happens.
But we've also had guys napping at the board with their feet up turn off a vocal mic mid-song. We've a guy who didn't have our sampler running... even though it was the first song and we'd just soundchecked it. We've had a guy have drum mics clipped on, but not plugged in because, as he said, "Sorry, I'm stoned." But for every one of those, there's a dozen shows where the sound guy is at least competent, and probably twice as many greats soundguys as the complete losers.
So, it's definitely not an issue with whether or not soundguys are generally worth their pay.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:17 am 
King Ghidorah

Eyewitness account:

I was at Ravari Room a few years back and actually overheard the drummer from the Kyle Sowashes tell Tubbs the sound guy to not make them sound *too* good.

I think he added ...dude ... make us sound like a garage rock band.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:52 pm 
King Ghidorah

Pa is just there to amplify your music. So...either you sound good our you sound like shit, only louder. Peace out..

BTW, check out Bronson Bunny Deatwish at Comfest 12:45 offramp on glorious friday afternoon....we will be soundchecking. I dont need to request a not so good sound, we will do it on our own.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:45 pm 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 pm 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:19 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:11 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:14 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

WELL I HEARD ON RUSH TODAY THAT OMBAMA WILL HAVE THE GOVERNMENT TAKE OVER SOUNDGUYZ (or was it 5 guys?) AND NO ONE WILL GET PAID.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:24 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:39 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Awe! All the good conspiracy theories are on this thread!

The truth is out there.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:53 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:54 pm 
King Ghidorah

Hi Tubbs!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 pm 
Godzilla

how does one get on said Death Panels?
:D

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:22 am 
Godzilla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next