[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - I want to write an indie song, maybe about C-Bus

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: I want to write an indie song, maybe about C-Bus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:06 pm 
Godzilla

I wrote a song called "Erroebot" about how it would suck to be a supercomputer like Big Blue if it developed artificial intelligence because it's basically programmed to make mistakes then to go over those mistakes millions of times a second to learn from them. It's like Big Blue is emo or some shit like that.
http://www.myspace.com/donschlotman

It's because I secretly hate computers. or I am one. Whatever.

The one after that is about the time I got eaten by a werewolf. (there wolf!)

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm 
Godzilla

All it does is play Chess. I'd say that would get pretty boring.

My larger point is maybe you could look a bit beyond... never mind. Have fun storming the castle and thanks for the compliment.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:23 pm 
King Ghidorah

Let's get back on topic here.

I wanted to write a hipster/indie song. I ended up writing one that was more about hipsters than it was "indie".

You guys got mad at me.

Slowie wrote some lyrics, (see below) and I wrote a song with them.

Now tell me how rad it is that I just did this this afternoon. Billy is the man!

The only the thing worse than a band.
Is hearing your bitching so trite and bland.
When you’re getting antsy for your big shot.
So you can bore us all with retro-rock rot.

I’d buy you a mirror if I gave a damn.

Girl jeans don’t bother me if the tune is right.
You can smear on make-up if your band is tight.
You pretend that you're above striking a pose.
This isn’t the 70's so shove it up your nose.

I’m just as fucking lame as any of you.
Old and in the way is what I do.
I’m done looking down on the trends today.
It’s all been done there’s nothing new to say.

Get off my lawn! Stop having fun!
Stop dressing that way! Do it my way, the only way!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:53 pm 
King Ghidorah

It's a super group of Billy, and only Billy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 pm 
King Ghidorah

Please credit me as Army Of Larry or Lawrence E. Smith if you could. Slowmoriot is the name of a band long since defunct.

I'm not listening to yours until I record mine because I don't want it to influence my version.

You are the second person to do this with words I wrote. Cool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:04 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

Look at what this thread has produced: two songs, a poem, anger and some laughs. I haven't miscalculated anything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:36 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:30 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

In the scope of the entire world there are a few things that really piss me off.

1. Pizza flavoring.
2. Tenacious D
3. Christian Black Metal
4. People who try too hard
5. People whose skin is super pasty and looks wet or slimy.
6. Josh Harnett

I'd file your "song" under #2 and #4 and maybe #6 for good measure. Sorry bro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 pm 
King Ghidorah

I'm sorry I piss you off, hip-ster. I use the internet as inspiration for my songs. That's what I do. You are in a special position in that you are able to see it happen on the internet and come see it live! You should embrace me.

To this board, I am an unknown quantity. Try as you might, you don't know how to describe me, or what I am at all. I am real. This is really happening, and these songs will be played live. The band already knows "OMG", and are excited about future songs fro
this forum. I'm thinking of making the Friendship Farm the "featured forum" on the next album, "Cool as Hell".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:11 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Billy is my hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 pm 
Godzilla

this is turning in to an all star dw thread

are we in 2007?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28 am 
Mothra

Sam's too old to be in his underwear.

Last edited by mosescarryout on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:55 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 am 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:24 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:09 am 
Godzilla

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:41 pm 
Godzilla

You can't touch chris b.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

Who is Chris B.?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next