[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - ComFest RIP?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ComFest RIP?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
Godzilla

dmb is playing comfest all three days one set on every stage and it's in the rider that no other artists are to perform during any of his sets

or so i heard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 pm 
Godzilla

comfest couldnt secure a permit so they are having the festival at espresso yourself and you have to do a showcase there before june or you are blacklisted from ever playing comfest ever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm 
Godzilla

I just .

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 pm 
Godzilla

couldn't you have done that 16 minutes earlier i was on a roll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am 
Godzilla

ComFest is now NewarkFest. Spread the word.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:28 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

here's some rumors to kick up this thread

http://www.donewaiting.com/2010/04/22/c ... rs-2010-1/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Lets just put together a "OFF RAMP STAGE FEST" on a different weekend in a different place. Thats where i spend all my time any who.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm 
Godzilla

eh, that's just what we've all been instructed to tell you so you won't start asking to play it every 7 minutes . . .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 am 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:54 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 pm 
Godzilla

It is true that there was a chance that the offramp might not "be" this year, but that is not the case. Officially.

Even though there will be less bands, which sucks, I think this is going to be a very good year, particularly for the offramp, way many great bands this year. You can't always control your lot in life, but you can make the very most of it.

Regarding the longer set breaks. For the most part the offramp will go from 10 minute set changes to 15. There will be one longer set change a day (30 minutes), and we will just use those for bands that have a lot of set up to do. Bummer, but not the end of the world.

:idea: The reason behind it is that the GPC want there to be some quiet time, so people can talk to each other, have more time to roam around, etc. Those 10 minutes breaks are really hard for the bands to do anyway, so maybe it is for the best? This costs the offramp six bands :wall:.

Comfest will close earlier this year.

:idea: There are many who feel that this is a way to control growth of the festival, I think it will be a big freakin' mess. We'll see. I think it goes 10, 9 and 7 for the Offramp and the other stages. Jazz stays open an hour later.

I will make my plea, again. If you don't like the way things are going at Comfest INC. Please consider joining the General Committee. :pray: :pray: You really can make an impact.

Not really supposed to answer in these threads, but honesty is the best policy. Rumors and conjecture get ugly, and I am sick of being told what I can and can't say when this has already been decided and there is no reason not to confirm/clarify shit that everybody has already heard anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:17 pm 
Snarf

:(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 pm 
Snarf

Please Join !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 am 
Jet Jaguar

Comfest will have an offramp stage. I have a volunteer shift at the beer tent and as a stage hand. So i would assume that this means they are going to have music around.

And yes, July 10th 4th and High will be sick!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 pm 
Mechagodzilla