[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Stolen Gear Alert (update: GEAR MOSTLY RECOVERED)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stolen Gear Alert
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

First rule of arseclown club: Never trust a junkie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

hmmm..

any names yet?

I really hope that I do not know this person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 pm 
King Ghidorah

Unfortunately, I know who he is from the local band scene. But thankfully I haven't had any contact or even seen him around town for over a year. Bad news. :naughty:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:25 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Everyone:

Apparently my last message didn't make it through. I just wanted to thank everyone, particularly those who passed the word to the stores and who tried to get in touch with me - as it turns out, everything is in the process of working out - the suspect, who I know, was arrested while trying to sell some of my stuff to Music Go Round. Thanks to some of the board members, they had a list of the gear and the police got him while he was waiting to get paid.

I'll give more details once I can.

Thanks again,

Jeff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

FRIENDSHIP FARM DOES BRING GOOD TO THE WORLD

(ONCE IN AWHILE)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:40 pm 
Godzilla

Dear Stooge,

I did not steal your gear.

Love,

Hayseed.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 pm 
Godzilla

That fucking sucks, man! I mean, good thing they got the guy, but who the fuck steals shit from you - a man who is not only very cool and friendly, but is like a human tank with police connections?

I mean... was the guy retarded or something?

(anyone seen Gonzo lately...?)

(I KID!!!)

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

I just got off the phone with Stooge. For those that don't know him, he works in the county end of the legal world, so he's going to keep some of this pretty close to the vest until there's an official charge/guilty plea/conviction just so there's no question of fouling up the process.

Thanks to all y'all who made efforts, and Robert, thanks a ton for the email. I wasn't home this afternoon, or else I would have called him immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 pm 
Snarf

I need to get a hold of Stooge... foto, can you send me his digits?

Edit, fuck it, I'll hit you up another way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Mostly on topic, but I want to give a seriously sincere shout-out to a couple of people on the retail end of things. As I will no doubt be repeating on a regular basis, the posters here who got the word out in record time are what is right with the scene. Having said that...

First up, the staff at both of our local Music-Go-Rounds but especially Danielle. She got the word out to the other store and got the gear list where it was available in time for the guy who did this to get the surprise of his life. I can't even begin to say how thankful I am that all of you took the extra step to forward this while I was still trying to figure out what was taken.

Second, Sean at the Fretshop, Randy Adkins at Vintage Amp Repair, and the guys at Abell Audio. I explained who I was and what had happened, and while I was explaining that I was desperately looking for serial numbers or any other information that would help to identify my missing stuff, they were pulling up databases and archives. With three phone calls, I got serial numbers on half the stuff and reminders about little personal quirks on another couple of them that will prove my ownership if need be. I can't recommend or thank these guys enough.

Finally, everyone who emailed, made phone calls, myspaced, facebooked, cm.commed, texted, sent smoke signals, etc. - thanks.

That's about it at this point. Someday I'll tell you as much of the story as I'm allowed to...and the story is beginning to take some interesting turns.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This is the best story I have heard in a while, on the heart-warming side, that is. We should make this into a short film, except embellish everything so that Danielle wrestled the dude and Stooge had a sword. It's good to know the good guys win sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:55 am 
Godzilla

danielle rocks. .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 am 
Jet Jaguar

Yay Danielle!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 am 
Jet Jaguar

Recovered so far:

Jazzmaster
Rotovibe
Analog Delay
Wah
Digital Delay
Tube Screamer.

We'll see about the rest, but realistically I've gotten as lucky as I'm going to get. I'll know more once I talk to my insurance people.

Thanks again to all,

Jeff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am 
Snarf

Focusing on the good (stuff got returned as a result of a terrific community) and not the bad (perp was allegedly a member of said community), this story has made my morning.

Stooge has always been a truly fantastic human being to me and when I read the first post, my heart sank. By the time I got to the last one, I felt proud of our musical community and hopeful for a happy return of all of Stooge's stuff. (Especially that EL34 Bassman! I want to check that out.)

A BIG attaboy to all who were involved. I don't know Danielle personally, but next time I see her I'll have to tell her how much she rocks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:19 am 
King Ghidorah

Tonight I'm going home and making a list of all my serial numbers. We all should!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:45 am 
King Ghidorah

Everyone go to MGR and buy something from Danielle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:28 pm 
Godzilla

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around someone trying to steal music gear from Stooge.

The closest analogy I can think of is taking a steak from the mouth of a large tiger who happens to be fairly friendly.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

drugs make you do stupid things..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:36 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next