[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Jim Shepard-Picking Through The Wreckage With A Stick (1995)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jim Shepard-Picking Through The Wreckage With A Stick (1995)
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:45 pm 
Godzilla

http://decrepittapes.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ckage.html

http://sharebee.com/bc87d8a8

Post subject: Re: Jim Shepard-Picking Through The Wreckage With A Stick (1995)
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 pm 
Snarf

There's also a Yips 7" on that blog too...

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:55 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 pm 
Jet Jaguar

thanks for the heads up on the link and the rad blog!

giraffe n a dyslexic walk in2 a bra. waiter sez, can't enter w/o a tie. all they find r jumper cables. ask, r these okay? waiter sez, don't go starting anything! have a seat n proceed 2 get faceless drunk. giraffe falls off stool. dyslexic gets up to leave, waiter sez, you cant leave that lyin there. dyslexic sez, thats not a lion, its a giraffe.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 pm 
Jet Jaguar

More/longer threads about Jim Shepard, yes plz

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:49 pm 
Godzilla

V-3 - Launchpad Explosion 2x7" (1997)

http://decrepittapes.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -1997.html

http://sharebee.com/ff1daba1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:29 am 
Jet Jaguar

I have two items. Once V3 were playing at Bernie's. The dopes in the audience were totally oblivious. I was sitting at a table talking to Don Howland, who wadded up a napkin and tossed it at some kid at the next table. V3 kicked into "Photograph Burns" and all of them were totally in the zone, eyes closed, heads leaned back, it was fucking awesome. That's one of my best memories of them.

One of our worst gigs when I was in the Slave Apts, we opened for V3 at this new bar Desantis opened on the corner of 11th and High called Moran's Speakeasy, a cheap attempt to pull some of the old Apollo's clientele. The stage was miniscule, tucked right up against the windows along the street. First time Nora hit the cymbal, my ear was fried for the rest of the set. We sucked, and the sound was horrible. There were only about 3 other people there besides the bands and bartender. I can't even remember V3's set.

V3 played a show at Quisno's (or whatever it was then called), on Chittenden around the corner from the old Singin' Dog with New Bomb Turks, that was a good one. Sorry I can't think of anything more to tell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 am 
King Ghidorah

other local stuff on that blog:

(w/ jim shephard)

anybody know who this blogger is? lots of overlap in our record collections...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Sometimes you just have to wait it out.

I bought 'Photograph Burns' on CD because it seemed like the thing to do. I was the little brother who tagged along with Pale Rider on jaunts to Used Kids and Stache's and to happy hours at Out-R-Inn with Bela. I love(d) music back then that is being played on the retro "mid-90s alt-rock" satellite radio station these days. I probably listened to 'Photograph Burns' two times before putting it on a shelf (it might still be there though something tells me that it ended up back on a Used Kids shelf, $7 or so bucks cheaper than what I originally laid down for the 'major' label release). I might have seen V-3 during that time. Maybe not. I don't remember.

2012. I decided to give 'Photograph Burns' another listen (snagged from a blog) and now it all makes sense. It's music to my ears. It's a master stroke of brilliance and has set me down the endless rabbit hole of Shepard-related material. I'm honestly not sure where to start so I'm open to suggestions. There seems to be some good links in this thread that I intend on following.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 am 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 am 
Snarf

Seconded, "Evil Twin" is awesome.

Songwise, "Son of Sam Donaldson" is in my top 10 songs by anybody ever:

Not sure if the links are still live because I'm at work, but this guy posted a ton of Jim Shepard stuff a while back:

Get "Live 97" if it's still there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 pm 
King Ghidorah

Someone needs to put "live '97" on the vinyls.