[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Two Cow Garage Challenge

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Two Cow Garage Challenge
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:50 pm 
Mothra

"Since you admit to only following cover bands, it seems like your issue is the innacuracy of their Mott The Hoople cover. Yeah?

"All The Young Dudes" was played in the spirit of Comfest - they were just trying to have some fun with friends. I thought it was magical."

God no, again you guys assume WAY too much. Frankly, I'd rather see a band do a song in a way that makes it their own and I thought having the whole tent full of people singing together was very cool. All I said was that I couldn't tell anything about them as a band from the clip someone else chose to post in the other thread.

As for your education on 2CG's success, thanks for educating me. I appreciate it.

"I'm sure they could give a shit about perfectly replicating the original - they leave that to the shit cakes that make $2,000 a night playing covers in Dublin or the Arena District with their Paul Reed Smiths and Eventide Harmonizers."

I take it then that you've actually seen me play? ;-) And where are these $2k a night gigs??? Sure, I play Paul Reed Smiths. Because they work for me. You play Gibson or Fender or whatever you play because they work for you, right? And we don't have an Eventide Harmonizer. I'm experimenting with a Digitech VL4.

And what exactly is a "shit cake?"

Edited to add that my band does not perfectly replicate the original versions of anything. I don't think we could if we tried.

Last edited by DavidE on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Here's one for ya:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:20 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:29 pm 
Mothra

Thanks. I read about Times New Viking somewhere. It's interesting, though not my thing.

I'm probably older than most of you guys, so I can remember when punk first hit. They took music to a different place than it had been, but with a totally different approach. When I saw The Ramones in the basement of the Diplomat Hotel in New York with maybe a couple of hundred people in the late 70's, I was blown away. They were so raw and different from what we were used to hearing. I never saw anyone play guitar like Johnny Ramone and I knew that most of the guitar heros couldn't do what he did.

It's good to see bands like TNV do something different, even if it doesn't appeal to me. It's cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:36 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:41 pm 
Godzilla

Last edited by BastardSuperstar on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:42 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:52 pm 
Mothra

"i mean, hell, all one has to do is look at your re-cap of a comfest you weren't even at to see how down-your-nose you look at the rest of the local bands and their community."

Actually, that mostly talked about the parking issues and people jay walking. My son happens to be a jazz head, so he'd probably describe anything he heard down there on any other stage to be crap. LOL! He had a good time and will definitely go next year, but his description of his experience tends to match others' comments on this board and elsewhere.

I'm going to have to make the effort to get there at least during the day next year even if I'm playing at night.

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 am 
Snarf

Anyone curious about Two Cow needs only hear "Should've California" and "The Great Gravitron Massacre." If after that they still do nothing for you, they're not your thing.

(...and those two songs, awesome though they may be, don't even scrape the surface.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 am 
Jet Jaguar

Official Statement from Two Cow Garage:

It has come to the band's attention that accusations regarding Micah's "pitch" have been leveled, and otherwise, general concerns over the band's ballz. Our response is found via the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vxCSsf6Im0

Any further questions or reaction from the band should be directed to our publicist, Alex Steininger at In Music We Trust. alex@inmusicwetrust.com

****NEW ALBUM RELEASE IS SEPT. 30TH****

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:40 am 
Jet Jaguar

Micah's fired. Here's our new front-man....who's not pitchy.

But now new album is delayed so we can re-record new vox.

word.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff