[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest 2008

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comfest 2008
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

http://themainstreetgospel.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:08 pm 
Snarf

Two Cow Garage performin "All The Young Dudes"!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-6FVf9QZU

Post subject: Re: Starship caught on tape!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:27 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This might have been my first Comfest without a Zachary Allen Starkey sighting, which coincidentally makes it my favorite Comfest ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 pm 
Snarf

My highlight was getting free Saved by the Bell trading cards. And nobody threw anything at me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:55 pm 
Godzilla

Highlights:

Cheater Slicks
Guinea Worms
Brainbow
Weightless
steak on a stick x2
corndogs x2
seeing the people that i only see at comfest
Bastard Superstar appearing out of nowhere to squeeze my nipple

disappointments

the relatively small crowd for the Cheater Slicks
missing TJSA and Necropolis because I was on the air, although I did get to play both bands on the radio during my shift
missing Teeth of the Hydra because I can't get up that early
missing Muscle Puzzle, Moon High, El Jesus, and UH2 Saturday because I had other stuff I had to do
missing The Lindsay and The Sun on Sunday because I hates the rain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 am 
King Ghidorah

personal highlights: DEAD SEA, Muscle Puzzle,

and people not knowing who the fuck I am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:40 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:04 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:48 am 
Snarf

Just checking in to see what bands I SHOULD have seen at Comfest. I haven't read all of the other thread, but can someone tell me why no Evil Queens this year? Why no Church of the Red Museum?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:53 am 
Godzilla

:D ..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:02 am 
Godzilla

i had a great time..

i have chiggers..

missed duffy and a few other people, but ran into just about everyone i wanted to..

all the music i caught (alot) is so good..i rarely get to see music like that out here..thanks, people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 am 
Godzilla

I think that was my favorite Comfest, too. Lots of good sets; TJSA were tops, Unholy 2, Guinea Worms, Cheater Slicks, El Jesus...I could go on and on. We were able to verify that any spot at Comfest is a good spot. Friday at noon was a blast. We should play at noon more often.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 am 
Mothra

Highlights of my comfest...

I had the keys to a golf cart Saturday night (sorry TJ you shoulda asked)
Hugs & Kisses (why they were put on the Live Arts stage I'll never know)
Anna and the Annadroids
I have to admit: I love confusing sex with art...or is it art with sex...no matter I was definitely confused.
Everyone who helped with the Live Arts stage: Lydia Loveless and Connie
a beautiful soul named Holly
Drinking 'vitamin' water and playing those drankin' songs

My most gratifying moment(s):
Cutting off the puppet master who took way too long to unload, set up, and clean up his mess. When you know you have ten minutes to set up and tear down why would you think you can bring a stage set which takes four people nearly an hour to unload? sheesh!

My priceless moment:
My masterful parallel parking job in an oversized van, between a pole and a trailer, up the curb, onto the grass strip, against the fence, with ten bicycles chained to it, being watched by an interested female police officer and then getting the thumbs up and a wink from the off-ramp black and white, all while drunk on vitamin water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:12 am 
Godzilla

I saw ZAS over by the fair-like food booths on Sunday, I believe. But just for a minute and then he disappeared into the wind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:59 am 
Godzilla

i saw zas on saturday..

i changed my space name to c. allen starkey on monday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 am 
Godzilla

I volunteered with robotboy on Saturday. Great dude. I'm sad to see him go.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:56 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Here are some photos and live tracks from the Offramp Stage on Sunday:

http://thabombshelter.blogspot.com/2008 ... -live.html

More photos at Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilyandha ... 912329883/

All of ThaBombShelter's coverage of ComFest on Sunday:

http://thabombshelter.blogspot.com/sear ... est%202008

Also, TJ- You're my favorite person at ComFest two years running. Thank you for being awesome. (I was the one asking about your fishnets)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:08 pm 
Godzilla

I guess "deaf" could count as scarred for life.

Great times.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:12 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:33 pm 
Godzilla

I made sure I got some pics of her with Unholy 2. She was loving it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next