[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest 2008

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comfest 2008
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:48 pm 
Godzilla

Comfest 2008' most priceless moment:

watching redrabbit and bavox end the drum circle Sunday night by driving the golf cart right through it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm 
Snarf

This is the best Comfest I've been to yet and I've been going since I was like three. I loved Brainbow and El Jesus. Pretty sure I was standing next to Blammo during the Unholy Two and for like a minute during DeadSea. I ran away after some guy spilled his beer all over me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

anybody know what happened to my Cyclops Jingle Ring?

also, i had this red plastic mug, said "Raise the Minimum Wage" or some shit on it. been lookin for that. also, who was throwing apples? at least give me a heads-up so i can swing at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:39 pm 
Jet Jaguar

tried the almighty fish boat for the first time, had to see what all the hype was about. and... not bad, but anything on kroger sliced wheat ain't worth 8 bones. but at least me got some omega-3s. followed by jeni's ice cream... hell yes

fav new finds:

tin armor
moon high
couch forts

most underrated stage: solar

on sat caught offramp sets from earwig through el jesus... all good

sat after the rain got painted with mud by a couple random hippy chicks. heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:42 pm 
Godzilla

the Fishboat hype is a little tired for me. Overrated.

Post subject: Starship caught on tape!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 pm 
Jet Jaguar

After Ugly Stick was stopped for the final time I looked to my left at the soundboard and an someone whose name will be kept secret stuck a CD in the player.

I recorded as much as I could this weekend:

Just sorting through videos today and here are the bands I taped complete sets of:

Hotel War
Teeth of the Hydra
Slide Machine
Greenlawn Abbey
Necropolis
TJSA
Lydia Loveless
Two Cow Garage
Brainbow
Weightless
Apocalypso
Ugly Stick
Muscle Puzzle
Unholy Two
Dead Sea
El Jesus
The Flashing Clock
Main St. Gospel
Paper Airplane
Los Caminos
The Lindsay

I'm going to burn individual DVDs of each set and I will put up clips as I make those. Sorry if I didn't catch your band.

Sperry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:12 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Didn't get there Fri, missed a lot of Sat (333 and Muscle Puzzle killed though) but made up for it Sunday once I got some chores done.

All the first year bands at Offramp were great. Tin Armor, This Is my Suitcase (mix was a little shaky at the start) and Pirate were among my faves for the wknd. Missed Los Cominos due to time spent dealing with a 5-stage-and-merch-booth token shortage crisis. Got back in time to catch 2nd half of The Lindsay's assault on eardrum membranes. Awesome. There really wasn't a better place to be for the rest of night.

Fun Fact learned after beer booth closed Sun night:
It costs 8 tokens to fill a Comfest mug to the top with organic White Zin from the wine booth still open next door.

Also the cleanest I've ever seen the park at 10pm Comfest Sunday. Maybe everything was sunk into the mud.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:45 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:52 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:27 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject: Re: Starship caught on tape!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:28 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Holy Shit!!! I can't believe I read all 27 pages of the "other" Comfest thread. I want to stab myself in the eye. Geez. Whiners. I concur with Pitbulls post BTW.

I had a blast this year. I beertended Friday and Saturday this year. I missed almost every band I wanted to see but that's okay. Michelle Shocked and Black 47 were BORING.

KUDOS to Friendship Farmer Jayna for the best logo Comfest has had in years.

*unless your name is Angus Young

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:56 pm 
Godzilla

A little of Hugs & Kisses:

and

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm 
Godzilla

The Zen-like twirling of nighttime hula hoopers:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 pm 
Godzilla

Here's about 200 photos and videos from Comfest. Feel free to comment if you'd like.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i can't believe no one is complaining about anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

http://themainstreetgospel.tumblr.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next