[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest Pre-Festival Discussion (TWO MERGED TOPICS)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comfest band list.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

Post subject: Re: Columbus Musicians for Comfest
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm 
King Ghidorah

I got my letter saying, "We don't want you to perform but you can volunteer to work at the festival if you'd like! That's a worthy substitute! If you do, we MAY let you play sometime in the future."

Yeah, right.

Last year was my first time at ComFest. I'd just gotten to town. I saw some great music but I also saw a LOT of crap. They think I can't do better than that but they'll let me pick up their garbage? Really uncool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:51 pm 
Godzilla

I heard the Jambulance moved to Atlanta.

We got our letter. Nice font.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm 
Godzilla

Some bands are alittle more descrete than others...*chuckle*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:56 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

OFF RAMP

FRIDAY

12pm Woosley Band
12:40pm Black Spyral Dancer
1:20pm Hotel War
2:00pm Teeth of the Hydra
2:40pm Slide Machine
3:20pm Greenlawn Abbey
4:00pm Cheater Slicks
4:40pm Guinea Worms
5:30pm Necropolis
6:10pm TJSA
7:20pm Lydia Loveless
8:10pm 2Cow
9pm Brainbow
10pm Weightless

SATURDAY

12pm RTFO Bandwagon
1250pm Whoa Nellie
140pm The Kyle Sowashes
230pm The Crawfords
320pm Apocalypso
410pm Ugly Stick
500pm Earwig
550pm Miranda Sound
640pm Red Dahlia
730pm 333
820pm Muscle Puzzle
850pm The Unholy Two
920pm Dead Sea
1000pm El Jesus De Magico

SUNDAY

12pm The Handshake
1250pm Flashing Clock
140pm The Main Street Gospel
235pm Paper Airplane
330pm Los Caminos
425pm The Lindsay
520pm Tin Armor
615pm This is My Suitcase
710pm The Sun
805pm Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:01 pm 
Mechagodzilla

4:00pm Cheater Slicks
4:40pm Guinea Worms
5:30pm Necropolis
6:10pm TJSA

I hope the stage is still intact by the time TJSA go on.
Holy smokes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:43 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm 
Godzilla

i just deposited my comfest stimulus check

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:12 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 pm 
Mothra

mickey thomas is one of the great singers in rock history...the simple mention of his name makes me want to throw on an elvin bishop record.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
Godzilla

wait what

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

Well, whatever. I think it's in poor taste to send the email they sent me. If they don't want me playing, don't ask me to work with the suggestion that it MAY help me get a performing slot in the future. Bad form.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 pm 
Godzilla

i thought it was common knowledge that if you don't or haven't volunteered then you don't play

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

Really? When did Michelle Shocked volunteer?

What jobs did the guys from Black 47 have?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:34 pm 
Godzilla

good question

seriously though

that's the case as i understand it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:36 pm 
Mothra

I could seriously imagine michelle shocked dishing out some vegan chili or something...that's not all that much of a stretch, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:40 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:42 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:52 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:02 pm 
Mothra

I'm here to inspire you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 pm 
Godzilla

I am happy to announce that Todd May of the Lillybandits will also be playing. This is a free event with great music with a chance to sign up to volunteer if you are interested and is open to every one.

Volunteering at Comfest gets you tokens and a t-shirt and is a great way to contribute to our community. You also meet good people. Not such a bad deal.

Does volunteering automatically get you into ComFest? No, but I assure you that it is a factor and when we get down to the last few spots to fill, it can be, and often is the deal breaker.

Hope to see you all there.

Oh by the way, Michelle S. is so excited to preform at comfest, she reduced her fee drastically, and to cut our expenses will be crashing on couches of comfest committee members rather than staying at hotels and we are giving her tokens instead of a food allowance. She seems like a really neat lady and I cant wait to hear her speak and play.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next