[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest Pre-Festival Discussion (TWO MERGED TOPICS)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Columbus Musicians for Comfest
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:28 pm 
Mechagodzilla

hayseed, that rejection e-mail would annoy me, too. the politics of ComFest are particularly weird, but the board people have tons of stuff to deal with, and they do so without pay, and the end result is mega fun (considering those elements)- so after all is said and done, ComFest is one of the truly unique marvels of Columbus. I can speak with external perspective on this, as I don't live there any more. I now live in a place with much more "history" and "culture" (sic: tourists and jam bands), and they ain't got no corporate-free, 98% local Comfest. It has given much more than it has taken away, so don't be surprised if dedicated fans/citizens defend it at the first sign of digression. When I first moved to Columbus, I thought it was just some big hippie festival that mucked up the Short North one weekend a year. I gradually had more and more fun every year that I went. Seven years later, I volunteered and it was the best Comfest I ever had. Free drink tokens, you get taken care of, and most of the time you get served right away at the beer tent if you're rocking a volunteer tee shirt. Well worth how it helps the fest. Sorry for the rant.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:41 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 pm 
Mothra

Hayseed, the part of my response that you missed in your long post was the fact that at the end of the letter it says that if you have any questions about the process you can ask questions at the event on Thursday.

Or let loose here, I guess, but I mean if you're really upset about how this festival handled their response to your application go Thursday and tell them. You can make it a better denial letter for all of us next year. It'll be my 7th denial!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:49 pm 
Mothra

I'm getting interested. when is this and how can I get slotted?

Post subject: Re: Comfest band list.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm 
Jet Jaguar

And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm 
Mechagodzilla

update:

robo force has a wikipedia page

cold slither doesn't

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:37 pm 
Godzilla

the way it looks to me "durning" seems to be some newfangled wrestling style he plans on implementing during the set

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm 
King Ghidorah

Shut'er down boys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:11 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm 
Jet Jaguar

You detected sarcasm and flippancy? As one of our generation's greatest actors David Spade said in Tommy Boy (or was it Black Sheep?) "I hope so cause I was laying it on pretty thick."

Dude....I'm just bustin' balls. We've met. We've gotten along. I roommated with Trent for at least a few years. Shared some floor with him in Atlanta at Jeff's house when he lived down there. I just have a fascination with poking people with a stick.

But honestly, your original post came off pretty bad. It was arrogant. It was whiney. It was a bit condescending. Come on now....you were a little outta line. Bitch away at comfest....but make your point without making people think you're saying that MANY bands in town suck ass and I'm better. Whether true or not....it's just bad form.

Listen, comfest never said it was taking the best. If that was the criteria...you would certainly get a spot. No sarcasm there...seriously..... They take from and reject whom THEY feel has earned it...whatever standards they choose to use, including a history of volunteering (or lack thereof) and your community involvement (which includes playing around town). Our band has been dinged from comfest because we toured too much and didn't play in town often-enough and didn't have a chance to volunteer. So we made it a point to volunteer at comfest and also to take the time to play some benefits during the year for their own worthy cause, and a by-product of that was that they've given us a slot here and there. We got more involved in the community.

word. say "hi" to Trent for me. and I am looking forward to seeing you play. For Trent's sake be patient and keep the songs in "G". Ha!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

perhaps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:35 pm 
Godzilla

easy there big guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:40 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:43 pm 
Godzilla

don't go away mad.

Seriously though, I like your music which probably ranks right up there with well at least my aunt Beatrice thinks I'm cute.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:02 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:19 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

My grind band, Full Body Asshole, got a slot but I made a power point presentation instead of just an application.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next