[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - That Columbusmusic.com message board.

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: That Columbusmusic.com message board.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:02 pm 
Mothra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:04 am 
Mothra

It's fucking sad, really. It's a shame that when some random kid from another city runs a google search on rock music in Columbus, OH, that fucking site probably comes up.

It's really sad that a message board filled with hateful, racist, whiny pricks is what represents the personality of our indie rock scene. Believe me, there are a few cool people that still post over there and view the site. I know them personally. Trevor and Jason had good intentions when they started the site, but that message board has ruined it for everyone.

Once right wing assholes started dropping the N-bomb and hacking into each other's handles, I stopped visiting it. Seriously, it's a black eye for people that care about our scene.

Viva El Donewaiting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:11 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

You know, Guillermo, anyone can post there. The board is what the users make of it. You could be there, making it better, or you can come here to bitch about it. I feel that you have chosen poorly. It's not "filled with hateful, racist, whiny pricks." There's one or two, but what are you gonna do? Limit it to users who share your political point of view? Believe it or not, hateful, racist, whiny pricks are in bands too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:15 am 
Mothra

Cookie, believe me, I know there are some sweet and cool people still posting there, people who are fans of the scene and truly care about it. Those aren't the ones I meant to target. We both know that one or two potent party poopers can ruin the entire party.

"Filled" was a poor word to use. I apologize for that.

Take care.

Last edited by blucifer on Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:16 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

Feel free to join the party. It's always best to outnumber the poopers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:14 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

Alcohol makes me more want to do, what it makes me less capable of doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:42 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:27 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:29 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:35 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:41 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:47 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:48 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

There certainly seems to be a number of CM.com regulars that hate DW.com and this message board. I used to post on the CM.com board about a year ago but have since given up due to the fact that, like Arelia, whenever I posted something all I got back was negative comments -- usually not relating to the topic at hand. I will admit, though, it's like reading the National Enquirer. While I don't readily admit to ready either, I can't help but scan the board (headlines) on a regular basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:54 pm 
Godzilla

It was about half a joke. I don't know any of the people in real life, so I base my opinion on how they represent themselves on the message board. Some people there (NOT all) are mean and a little bitchy, so that's what I base my opinion on.

And yes, it's not a U.N. meeting, but it certainly helps to organize your thoughts. One of the things I really like about donewaiting is the "Whatever and Ever Amen" thread that helps to keep random thoughts in one place, rather than scattered all over.

But like I said, cm.com does its job. It just isn't for me...and I don't think I'll post anything else here about it. I should be working, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:17 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:26 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:12 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:16 pm 
Mothra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:39 pm 
King Ghidorah

Last edited by Denver on Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:46 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:46 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:08 pm 
Godzilla

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next