[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Do you consider yourself a supporter of local music?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you consider yourself a supporter of local music?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:02 pm 
Mechagodzilla

If so, please check out this website and see if its something you'd want to help out with on a very flexible schedule, whenever you can really...

http://www.localmusicscenes.com
-check out Las Vegas' site to see what we COULD create for Columbus.

Its like a donewaiting.com focused more on indie musician/band resources & connecting you with other bands that are similar in style in other major markets and being able to see what other folks are doing to promote themselves. Could be an amazing tool & resource for musicians here in town. I'm planning to help out, but I can't do it alone. I need a few more folks to help write/update maybe 1-3 times a month.

If interested: email jeff@lvlocalscene.com and tell him you want to help with reporting on the Columbus, Ohio local scene and that I sent ya.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:39 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Bye bye ColumbusMusic.com. Hello LocalScene.com.

Post subject: yep
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:05 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yeah, that's my hope is that we can make it similar to columbusmusic.com but update it more frequently than they seem to do.
i had trouble emailing the address i provided above, so if you are interested, just email me at: tallgirlproductions@hotmail.com
thanks! -jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:35 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:07 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: whoa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla

whoa duffy. i guess i got under someone's skin. this doesn't really need to be an indie/DIY vs. corporate discussion but let me state why i offered this up to the people on this board...

-There isn't anything like this that is active and updated for the Columbus music scene right now. Thus, why I think it could be beneficial. I think its silly to sit here and deal with the minimal BAND resources we have just to earn our 'indie cred. medals' when there is a perfectly good, new, national, FREE website that is getting alot of hype right now.

-The site offers individual band pages, event/gig updates that show up refreshed every day,
-it offer's columbus, ohio streaming radio (mp3s), so you could post your mp3's to it and hear all kinds of different music coming out of here and OTHER bands could come to the columbus offshoot on this site and find a band from columbus to swap gigs with. This is a HUGE resource for bands who want to tour.
-Plus, front page reviews/interviews/features from that town (which i would use more as a venue to display the 'big picture' of what is going on in columbus to other bands to get them interested in whats going on here.
-AND, all this information is going to be dumped into the site by people sitting here in Columbus (like me, Chip & Tim from TS5 who have all emailed to say they'd help out), not some corporate wahoo sitting at their IKEA desk counting their dollar bills instead of updating the site as i think mr. duffy is suggesting.

I just thought it could be a resource/outlet to the entire 'columbus collective' discussions going on around this message board specifically...about how we can all sit on a message board and bitch away but if we don't do anything and nobody finds out about us sittin' here, nothing's gonna change. This isn't a site that is supposed to used as much by Columbus musicians to talk about the local scene within the group that knows it best, but more of resource for the bands here to find other bands to swap gigs with or just enjoy their music. My point about other music websites was that donewaiting doesn't offer band listings or mp3's, columbusmusic.com is so out-of-date and rarely updated it isn't even funny and I find cringe.com to be a little confusing, hard to find what you need and they rarely 'clean house' when bands ask for changes made to their information so its probably abit out of date too.

But who knows, maybe the site is all hype and it won't live up to the hopes & expectations I'm looking for.

What I DO know, is that localmusicscenes.com was a small "indie" website based out of Las Vegas, Nevada that was just for Las Vegas bands first. it was constant requests from bands in other cities for this guy to 'grow' his site that he decided to do so. so what, knock the man for trying to make some money & grow his business to a national level?

Perhaps I'm not getting your point, but I don't see why this is a bad thing.

Post subject: Re: whoa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:34 pm 
Mothra

Post subject: ah ha.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:43 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:31 pm 
Mothra

Post subject: true.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:39 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Last edited by tallgirl on Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:41 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:53 pm 
Godzilla

Dig Me Out , and .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:55 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:55 pm