[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Who went to the RJD2 show this past Friday?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who went to the RJD2 show this past Friday?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The show was thrown together at the last minute and was crazy! Really good. :)

RJ deejayed and there were guest performances by Blueprint (http://www.weightless.net and is now on tour w/ Illogic) and SA Smash.

If anyone is curious, you can pick up all of their albums at:
Magnolia Thunderpussy
Used Kids Records
CD/Game Exchange
Johnny Go's House 'O Music
Roots Records
http://www.omnimix.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:34 pm 
Godzilla

So can anyone confirm/deny the nasty rumors about RJ demanding all of the door $ from Lil Bros. as well as his full guarantee from MTM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:34 pm 
King Ghidorah

......as well as not wanting Dego (the drum and bass pioneer, who flew in all the way from London) to play with him on the same lil' bros. stage because RJ doesn't like "techno"

boo fucking hoo.

sounds like our hometown boy is a sorry sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:40 pm 
Godzilla

decent show Fri...I'd hope RJ would receive all the door money...

as far as MTM, that's why they call it a "Guarantee"...it actually costs money to fly on one of those big plane thingies...not to mention the cost(s) of changes in scheduling and planning.

The MTM people should be Suing The Bejesus™ out of everyone they can get their hands on, being ultimately responsible for the "guarantees" and lost income/costs of those participating.

( note to self: never work without a contract)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:50 pm 
Godzilla

well, I am not questioning the legality of his efforts, nor do I question the definition of guarantee, but I do question the validity of his alleged claim on the door money from Lil Bros.
As for MTM, I hope they get their costs recouped, as for RJ, I hope his flight to Europe went well.

Post subject: Show
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:51 pm 
Mothra

Funds being tight after springing for MTM, I wasn't/couldn't spring for every show that added the MTM rejects. So I chose Dead Meadow on Saturday at High 5. Hey, I had to pick, and we could argue the shows until hell or whatever freezes over. But some of us had to pick. And actually, the Skully's deal was the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:02 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Most bands do get the door minus sound guy at Liltte Brothers, so why is that a bad thing?

Unless, of course, several bands played and he wanted *ALL* the money and wasnt planning on paying out the opening acts. Is that the issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:59 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:53 am 
Godzilla

I was under the impression that there was a local show there already and RJ and crew were tacked on at the last minute. If there were other bands playing then that would seem to be a problem.
Services rendered and all that, regardless of who has the bigger draw.
Again, this is all a vicious rumor, and I was looking for confirmation/denial. I have known RJ for a long time and I found it hard to believe that he would try and take all the door money if others had played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:03 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I thought that the scheduled band did play earlier, and that RJD2 had their own line/set up after that show beginning at 12am.... similar to how Lil Broz does two shoes in a night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:41 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I'll just say that after what I heard, I'm not really going to be runnin out to get the hot new RJ 12"...........But who really cares, he sounds like Moby anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:08 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:11 pm 
i really wanted to go to this show...i was too busy rocking out to Miranda Sound though. I've known Rabble (RJ) for some time before he was 'famous' and i've never even heard him doing his thing live. as far as him taking all the money at the door or whatever, i'd say good for him. he probably deserved every cent.

eric