[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Congrats to Miranda Sound...

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Congrats to Miranda Sound...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:02 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:55 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Music doesn't lend itself well to contests.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:05 pm 
Godzilla

Thanks, Banjo. Right on.

We were honored to have been in running, too, and I'm still stunned that we're actually doin' it. Thanks to all the guys from Wigglepussy, The NSA, and RYBTP for being real cool. There is so much damn good music being made in this town that any one of them would have made the C-bus scenesters proud.

I'd just like to say that I'm really surprised we got the slot, and I don't know what factors went into the decision. We're genuinely surprised and honored. This will probably baffle us for a while. (Maybe even longer than the short-lived, confusing mismanagement at The Factory.) And it sucks that the strategy for filling this slot was to pit local bands against one another in a gall-dern contest. The last thing a healthy music scene needs is more inter-band tension. But there really wasn't any (at least not yet ; ) and that's real nice.

Thanks again to all who voted and to all who are listening.

Dan, Miranda Sound

TONIGHT, Friday 7/11 > SKULLY'S > Miranda Sound / Denovo / Tiara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:10 pm 
Godzilla

WHOO HOO!

Congrats guys!

Rob and I will be out of town, but our thoughts will certainly be with you.

Kick Perry Farrel's in the ass for me. Just once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:46 pm 
Snarf

I love Jane's Addiction and Perry Farrell. I may collapse if I meet him. No ass kicking here. Probably a little ass kissing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:01 pm 
Godzilla

Danimal et al

Yay! We love you guys so!
Now, bring those comp tix.....

Yours,
Snap

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:31 pm 
that's great news. really nice job fellas. good luck!

eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:33 am 
Jet Jaguar

in the immortal words of shaun ryder . . .

'good good double good'

or in the immortal words of john profumo

'i had no idea she slept with a russian spy'

i'm off to bed now . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:14 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I have to say that the show at Skully's last night as killer. I didn't catch much of Tiara because I went to the 84 Nash show to catch them first, but from what I've heard of Tiara, they are amazing. I wish I would have purchased their newer cd... maybe next time.

Then came Denovo. Being an idiot, I commented that the lead guy in Denovo looked a lot like the guitarist from Kopaz. Turns out he looks so much like him that they are the same person. I was really impressed with these guys. They definitely meant business and had a very professional quality to them. I also dug the songs - really good songwriting.

And for the finale, Miranda Sound took the stage. From the few times I've seen these guys (I think the count is up to 4 or 5 now), this was the best show by far. They really had some amazing energy and the sound was a lot better than most of the other times I've seen them. The only thing that bothered me was that I don't think the bass drum was mic'd much at all. But these guys really play their hearts out each and every show and I think if there's going to be a band from Columbus that's the next big thing, it's defnitely them. Good work guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:30 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Hey MS - was the show fun???

How long did they let you play?

congrats again

wm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:42 am 
Mothra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:38 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Dan Gerken of Miranda Sound's first hand account posted here: http://donewaiting.com/oh/index.php#001484

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

What can I say - these guys are the nicest people you can talk to, great musicians and great songwriters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:55 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:08 am 
Godzilla