[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - More Than Music Festival Cancelled

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Than Music Festival Cancelled
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:32 pm 
Godzilla

Last edited by superunison on Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:45 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

FUCK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

:evil:

that fuckin' blows. we had a nice slot on that thing - 12:30 am in the main room right after sage francis.

oh well. the party dream and teeth of the hydra are still kickin' it together at skully's on july 19.

You scream I'm lazy. You must be crazy. You thought I was a doughnut. You tried to glaze me.
-Rakim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

Wha Happened? That's what I'd like to know.

So in the interest of saving your ass this weekend, try this alternative on for size:

84 Nash
MOTO (from Chicago) really worth the price alone
Tree of Snakes

and the last ever performance by the Offending Instruments.

Friday July 12th at the High Five

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:01 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Broz --

Let's keep discussion onto the issue at hand, thanks Hypers. :)

Latest report:

MTM 2003 cannot take place at THE FACTORY due to internal venue issues (i.e. out of the MTM crews hands)...BUT...THE MTM CREW is working on moving the show. Please check back here often for updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:01 pm 
that sucks.

(insert other local show that you are hyping here)

eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:04 pm 
King Ghidorah

There is hope My brothers and sisters.
I just posted this:

"MTM 2003 cannot take place at THE FACTORY due to internal venue issues (i.e. out of the MTM crews hands)...BUT...THE MTM CREW is working on moving the show. Please check back here often for updates. "

A team of people are busy scouring columbus for a venue as we speak.
Contact me if you have any leads????

Word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:06 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

A fucking disaster. Those Factory Fucks have reached a new low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:06 pm 
Jet Jaguar

it sucks most for the organizers -- getting all the bands on it, promotion/press, money, wasted time and energy.

that's got to be frustrating as all fuck, especially since this happens only once a year.

organizers, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

(p.s. sorry for the shameless plug earlier...internalizing...stick to topic, stick to topic, stick to topic)

You scream I'm lazy. You must be crazy. You thought I was a doughnut. You tried to glaze me.
-Rakim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:17 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Random Thought:

All you bands that have shows this wekeend might want to try and scoop up some of the MTM bands if an alternative venue cant be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:18 pm 
Snarf

for that line-up i might have considered driving to columbus myself, but geez this is a sad, sad story.

duffy, shoot me an e-mail sometime about next weeks siren music fest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:57 pm 
Godzilla

I'd offer some gig space, but the gigs I have this weekend are not mine to give......

(must not hype alternative local festival.....)

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

Post subject: Venue.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:06 pm 
Godzilla

I'm going to call Skully's now about our (Miranda Sound's) show with Denovo and Tiara tomorrow (Friday). They're probably already making moves, but we'd be happy to scoot over for a few bands to help MTM stay afloat.

Drop me a line if you hear anything, people. Sanks.

Post subject: Skully's.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:12 pm 
Godzilla

According to Skully's, they might throw 1-2 bands from MTM on the bill with Tiara and Denovo and Miranda Sound (us) for Friday, but "nothing major will happen".

I'm glad they're trying to help out, but I'm sorry that more can't be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:33 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:05 am 
Mothra

It looks as though the idea of moving MTM to another venue has fell through and MTM is totally cancelled.

http://www.morethanmusic.org/main.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:38 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Seemed like moving it was a futile idea....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:18 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Good to see the Factory Fucks listing the show on their website still (which is now back up, but seriously out of date).

http://www.mfcolumbus.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:21 am 
Godzilla

how long was the factory up? Seems almost a new record in this town....

Always wondered how to make a bar go under....

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:38 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:12 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Def Jux Crew @ Barrister Hall?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:20 pm 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:21 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: Def Jux Crew @ Barrister Hall?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:55 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:31 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Dead Meadow at High Five tomorrow