blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comfest, colons and car crashes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Every year, Comfest is the summer highlight for Columbus Music fans. Shoeless hippies, shirtless drunks, frisbee chasing dogs and pierced punks unite to celebrate the eclectic sounds of our fair city.

If you live in Columbus, you have only one option. Skip work on Friday (at least leave early) and come check Miranda Sound out at the Main Stage (AKA Bozo Stage, Goodale Park) at 4 PM. Afterwards, we'll be drinking some beer and running around the park trying to catch all of our faves.

If you'd like to donate some time and energy to the Comfest cause, you still can at http://www.comfest.com. You will also find directions and full band lineups on their website.

If you need some excuses for your boss to leave work early, try these:

1. "I had bran flakes for breakfast and hot salsa at El Vaquero's, I think my colon's gonna blow!"
2. "Rock is my new religion. I am getting baptized at 4 PM in Goodale Park."
3. "Sir, I need to go visit my friend that was hit by a car."

All of these and many more will work. By the way, yes, Dan was nailed by a car while riding his bicycle. He is still in one piece, but he spent a few scary days at the hospital. He'll give you the gory details on Friday. SO, choose excuse #3 and you'll be telling the truth.

If you miss us at Comfest, we will temporarily write you off as fairweather fans (aka sell-outs). A short stint of bitterness may ensue. But all will be forgiven by July 11 at SKULLYS, when we rock-it to Russia with TIARA and DENOVO. OOOOOOH! One more time, TIARA, DENOVO and MIRANDA SOUND.

Allright, we're sending you off with a recent review. Send it to your friends or something. Maybe they'll buy the record. Help us out for crissakes! - scroll down -

http://www.citybeat.com/2003-06-04/soundadvice.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:51 pm 
Jet Jaguar

bump

Last edited by flexible office ruler on Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

call off work tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'll definitely be there.