[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Reverbose/donewaiting.com Wrap-Up

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reverbose/donewaiting.com Wrap-Up
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:00 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Last edited by robertduffy on Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:55 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

Not going. :oops: is the reason. (Well, not the Dublin show.... the Columbus one.

(That little face is supposed to be 'red-faced with embarassment', not 'pink-faced with pepto-puke.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:43 pm 
Mothra

i'm there so long as i get over whatever type of poisoning i got from a cookout today, either that or it might be monkeypox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:52 am 
Jet Jaguar

Nope, Neil Young.

Post subject: How did it go?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:30 pm 
Snarf

Sorry I missed the big show..... Like a few others I was at the Neil Young gig.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

It's cool you wankers. Last night we lived in the future, not in the past.

winkie winkie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:33 pm 
Mechagodzilla

man, i wanted to go.
but that 80's prom @ andyman's was last night
and THAT was a good time.
PBR and .......toto covers.
i wish i could have spilt myself in two last night.
but we don't have the technology at my house to do that.
next time, reverbose records.
next time.
kyle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:53 am 
Mothra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:36 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Through my writing for donewaiting.com, more
specifically the Columbus OH music column "OH
Columbus!", I've gotten to know many of the local
bands on a more personal level. Dan Gerken is one of these people. Dan's one of the guitarists and singers for my favorite band in town, Miranda Sound. He's a great musician and a great guy. We've exchanged many jokes over email, and have talked about a lot of things from rock to politics. Miranda Sound played the first donewaiting.com show, we had the honor of
co-sponsoring the launch of their record label last
night, and Miranda Sound is playing the second
donewaiting.com show in August (16).

As you can see, I fucking love this band. Imagine my surprise when I got word Thursday morning that Dan Gerken was in the hospital after being hit by a car on Wednesday night while riding his bicycle.

Adam from The Last Hotel informed me, and then seconds later I was on the phone with Billy Peake, also in Miranda Sound.

Word was the Dan didn't break any bones, but he had a lot of stitches and looked really bad. He was supposed to get out of the hospital Thursday afternoon. No one knew how this was going to affect the Reverbose/donewaiting.com show scheduled just two days away.

Thursday night rolls around. I'm in Akron for a Ted Leo show and I find out Dan was still in the hospital, and they were gonna keep him overnight. At this point Dan hadn't even stood up and walked around yet. Uh oh, is what I think.

Dan was finally released from the hospital on Friday, and Miranda Sound was gonna wait until the afternoon of the show to decide whether or not they would play.

They played.

Dan looked pretty beat up, and what did you expect? He was hit by a freaking car! But his spirits were high and Miranda Sound played with the same emotion and determination that you've come to expect from the band. On top of that, Dan even played a few songs with Jon Chinn. Keep in mind THIS WAS A GUY WHO WAS IN THE
HOSPITAL FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW.

It was amazing, really. The entire Reverbose Records launch party was a lot of fun. The venue was transformed into a circus, complete with drunk clowns, horny elephants, and a curtain that would open and close between acts.

But the star of the night was Dan Gerken, bruises and all. He truly is a walking rock and roll miracle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:09 pm 
Snarf

i haven't seen show with 4 solid acts in a long time. ken gould a great surprise, and definitely seems to be someone worth keeping track of.(sorry about the grammar) so thanks to all who put the show together, and thanks for the free music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:56 pm 
Jet Jaguar

It was like when an injured Willis Reed saved the Knicks in the '70 finals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:30 pm 
Godzilla

Way to go Dan!

The show was awesome. Everyone sounded great!

And the Ken Gould band sounds better and better everytime I hear them!