[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - COMFEST SCHEDULE 2003: It's Live (FINALLY)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:05 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:56 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:02 pm 
Godzilla

You're such a nice guy.
Suffice it to say, I was surprised at this year's lineup.
I think Poplar Stage Saturday night from what ... about 5 to 8 or nine is the place to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

we played at noon on saturday for the last two years, and a lot of our own fans got up and came out early (with hangovers) to see us. we get 9:00 Gazebo this year, so maybe we'll get to play to a shitload of potential fans as well. we'll actually have merchandise by then (t-shirts).

You scream I'm lazy. You must be crazy. You thought I was a doughnut. You tried to glaze me.
-Rakim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:42 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:29 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

My thoughts and observations have been posted:

http://donewaiting.com/oh/index.php#001254

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:04 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:13 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:27 pm 
Godzilla

I think the Comfest committee has a lot of...older gentlemen. You won't see them out on a Thursday night, checkin' out the Hi5 or Red16. But they have their 'faves'. I think they call them oldies but goodies, or something like that? The committee's 'new blood' they brought in has an enormous agenda and that is why you will see a suckfest block from 5-8 on the Main Stage Friday night. I think they needed to all play together because they're sharing the same "hot licks".
All jabs aside, I'm sure it takes countless hours of work to put it all together. Personally, I'm glad they do it because I always have a blast. I will say, however, that the schedule has gone downhill with a quickness. Just 3 years ago, I couldn't truck across the park fast enough to see all the bands I wanted to see. Now....there will be large blocks of time where I will be chillin' with a fat spliff in my cool a/c. Awwww, snap! :wink:
Woefully absent from the schedule: :(
Kopaz (um, yeah....heLLO????)
Mrs Children (f'n FOOLS! The hippies would undulate madly!)
Evil Queens (duh)
Orchestraville
Alwood Sisters
The Last Hotel
Stepford5
Chris McCoy
Two Cow
House of Heroes
Lizard McGee
Tiara
Mortimur
Trapper John
Grafton
The Means
who else? I dunno. But you never can get enough of The Turds... (WHO!!??)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:20 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject: TIARA?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:42 pm 
Snarf

Post subject: TIARA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:43 pm 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:04 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

As far as setting up a festival for bands that didnt get in, already been done. Mrs Children is hosting "Confest," a benefit for the open shelter taking place on Monday, June 30th. It is a Monday night and all, but it should be a good time. So far Trapper John, Underhero, us, BA Baracus, Jason Quicksall, and a couple others are on the bill. If anyone else not in comfest wants in, email me joe@mrschildren.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:01 pm 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:15 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Confest!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:30 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:35 pm 
Snarf

Post subject: Re: TIARA?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:38 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:49 pm 
Godzilla

I may be mistaken, but wasn't having an "Alternative Festival" the impetus behind The More Than Music Festival?

"Confest" is an awesome idea.
Tiara + Mrs. Children ... the makings of a really good lineup. ya'll should contact Mortimur (who was rejected) It'd be an awesome fit.

(you could bill it as the "Night of Bands Without "PR" Hacks and "Managers" " )

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:16 am 
Jet Jaguar

What are the specifics on Confest? Where and what time?

minimott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:42 am 
Mothra

I'll take one tour of japan over 5 straight years at comfest. TIARA's continued omission from the comfest lineup is a perfect example of just how out of touch the selection commitee is.

the name comfest is very misleading, the thing to keep in mind is that this is very much a private party type of event. yes it is open for the community to attend but from an organizational standpoint there is a small group of people who get to decide who they do and do not want playing... and each has his or her own agenda. think of it as a really big campus house party, if the dudes who own the house like you, know you or owe you then you'll be asked to play. they're not going to take the approach of "hey what band has really made a dent in the scene this year and deserves a little more exposure?". it's not columbus's SXSW, it's not a showcase of our best and hardest working talent. It would be great if we had something like that but Comfest is not it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:19 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:22 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Okay, let's shift the discussion here.

Post up what bands you're going to be seeing at COMFEST. Bonus points for short explanations. There's a lot of bands I dont know playing, so educate me.