[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - COMFEST SCHEDULE 2003: It's Live (FINALLY)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: COMFEST SCHEDULE 2003: It's Live (FINALLY)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:49 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Still need a minute or two to digest.

http://www.comfest.com/schedule.htm

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:05 pm 
Godzilla

Friday's looking pretty good to me, although i'll have to decide between Rancid Yak and The Flyin' Saucers. The rest of the weekend doesn't really thrill me too much, but if the weather's nice i'll probably at least hang out down there with my kids during the day on saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:11 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'm just amazed at all the bands I've never heard of before.

Just when I think I have a good grasp on the scene ... out comes the Comfest schedule!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:26 pm 
Snarf

Hmmmm... Townsmen Vs. 5 Guys Named Moe.... Whataya think Jred? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:40 pm 
Mothra

Ah, yes, another comfest. here we are. there are some good bands on the bill, playing early times that real people need to work during. examples: templeton and monster movies.

outrageous orange, x-rated cowboys and watershed all playing back to back? that's a nice orgy of suck.

i'll be too drunk to remember it anyway.

Post subject: Friday
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:47 pm 
Snarf

I'm going to see as many acts as I can but isn't the Friday Main Bozo stage essentially the same show I went to last month at Promowest for the Andyman thing? Looks like the Popular stage is the place to be on Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I think Saturday night at the Popular stage looks awesome:
5:00 84 Nash
6:00 Salt Horse
7:00 Townsmen
8:00 Pretty Mighty Mighty
9:00 The Favors
10:00 Thee Invaders

I know a Mo and Mo not go.

Last edited by Jred on Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: refreshing...like poop
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:39 pm 
Snarf

man, i'm i glad to see the underappreciated bands getting some recognition. these people spend time building a fanbase, playing the crappy weekday shows, putting up flyers in the wind and snow on broken down kiosks, and paying their dues in columbus over years, finally working their way up the comfest ladder from 1pm on a friday sidestage to a main stage evening. let's all give a big hand to THE SUN, they really deserve it.

(sarcasm mode turned off)

are you effing serious? bitter, nah. annoyed, damn skippy. if i knew it was that easy, i would have formed my own generic retro-rock Strokes-lite band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm a little irritated that Miranda Sound goes on early Friday and for not very long while the Honey's get a longer, later set. Oh well. Should be a fun weekend.

minimott

Post subject: After A Second Look
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:58 pm 
Snarf

Am I wrong? Overall doesn't the Poplar stage kick the Bozos stage ass pretty much every day? Maybe someone could switch the signs and we could see all the poplar stage bands on the big stage......

Last edited by Stardrop on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:06 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The bands on the Poplar stage probably don't wanna play on the main stage. The poplar stage always kicks ass.

I like the Sun. I think Sam Brown has paid enough dues for the whole band and he is an unbelievable drummer. I also think Chris Burney is very talented and just incredible to watch. They are playing that slot because they are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:17 pm 
Godzilla

Yee-ouch...lots of anger going on.

I'm pissed that Miranda Sound's playing so early. I don't get out of work until 4 p.m., and I have an hour's commute back to C-town.

But I will get to see Pretty Mighty Mighty, Tim Easton and others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:24 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:29 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:34 pm 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:35 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:51 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:05 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:19 am 
Jet Jaguar

It's sad and funny to me that two of the bands that I would have made sure that I saw at Comfest, Mrs Children and The Evil Queens, aren't playing. Oh well I'll see MC at Andymans and EQ somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:59 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:16 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:55 am 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:11 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:59 pm 
Snarf

i'm with duffy. i can't believe there are so many bands i haven't heard of. god, i miss my radio show.
all in all though, it is still THE BEST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR in columbus.

hooch