blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Cols.] 5/26 New Lou Reeds, Times New Viking @ Bourbon
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:40 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Donewaiting.com friends the New Lou Reeds will be returning to Bourbon St. tonight, tonight, tonight! They'll be playing with Times New Viking and the Tallboys. Not the Columbus Tallboys, but the New York Tallboys that recently toured with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

You may also know Ed, bassist from the New Lou Reeds, as his other secret identity: bassist for Cobra Verde. Stick that in your pipe.

So yeah, Ed wrote this press release for tonight's show, and it made me laugh, so I'm just gonna post it all. Some may call this lazy writing on my party, while others will not give a shit. Regardless, here we go:

Quote:
This Wednesday May 26th, the New Lou Reeds stumble back to the weird and weary land of Columbus, where fair maidens frolick and mead flows like babbling brooks....er, never mind.

The New Lou Reeds will bring newly-pressed t-shirts (featuring our good friend, Gyro George) and many copies of their debut CD, Screwed, as well as bitter and thirsty rock and roll from the home of bitter and thirsty rock and roll, Cleveland, Ohio.

The New Lou Reeds have been called many things, but one of the appellations that quickly comes to mind is "World's Crankiest Party Band" We have been said to be "bluesy", but that is more of an infection/inflection than an influence. Let's just say that grooves will be thrown down; guitar solos will zig zag wildly out of tune; vocals will make one both laugh and wince; Rick Danko basslines will be gratuitously stolen and misinterpreted; and at the end of the night, someone will either walk out drunk or wearing a Gyro George t-shirt. Or both.

We will also be sharing the tiny Bourbon Stage with the Tallboys NYC, who'll be yowling and howling in a post-punk party kind of way, hell-bent for pleather. It's clatter that matters, folks.

We understand if your bread is now down to mere crumbs thanks to Bush's War--so the cover is five mere American dollars.

New Lou Reeds MP3s: http://newloureeds.com/new%20lou%20reed ... heroes.mp3
http://newloureeds.com/new%20lou%20reed ... shland.mp3
http://newloureeds.com/new%20lou%20reed ... 0allen.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:57 am 
Godzilla

as a born and raised clevelandite i bellieve i do see some members of coffinberry in that new lou reed lineup also