[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Bloody Valentine. Feb 11. Ace of Cups.

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bloody Valentine. Feb 11. Ace of Cups.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject: Re: Bloody Valentine. Feb 11. Ace of Cups.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

Dead Leaf Echo: http://www.deadleafechonyc.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

Bloody Knives: http://www.facebook.com/thebloodyknives
http://bloodyknives.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

Loyal Divide:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

Love Culture:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:35 am 
King Ghidorah

Get there early unless you enjoy meeting new people waiting in line forever. I don't . But, you know, to each his/her own. It's cheaper before 930 too so there's that too.

Free black flowers will be given out at the door until we run out and then we will switch to fake roses which is really what we all enjoy anyway. A nice, plastic, red rose.

Djs start at 7, first band goes on right at 8. Bands will be done by 1.
I know that all of you thoroughly enjoy lots of fog, lasers and strobe lights so there will be tons of that.

Each band will be doing one cover of some pinnacle shoegaze song. I think.

See you there. Guys will be refused entry unless they are wearing eyeliner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm 
King Ghidorah

Cruise Elroy, you were great at last nights show. Many compliments from all the bands.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm 
Godzilla

kickass. my pleasure, sir.

(and let me dj th next one. i have better shoegaze and noisepop records than all those dudes/dudettes :D )

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:29 pm 
Godzilla

I really hate hearing shoegaze covers. I've never heard a band do the original justice. MBV is one of those "never ever cover" bands for me.

That being said, I bet cruise_elroy has a great selection of shoegaze records. have y'all seen the shoegaze reissue series Captured Tracks is doing? My favorite American shoegaze record, A Folding Seive, by Should (nee shiFt), was the first reissue.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 pm 
King Ghidorah

Will do, Cruise.

Funny you say that, Tom, we were actually the only band to do a shoegaze cover besides Bloody Knives I think. We did WTSH by Slowdive which is much more doable than MBV.

I haven't heard of the reissues but thanks for the tip. I'll check em out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:42 pm 
Godzilla

I wasn't trying to be a total snark there. That's some of my favorite music ever and I'm really defensive about it, you know?

http://capturedtracks.com/shoegaze-archives/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm 
Godzilla

my buddy jim and i were actually talking about this very thing (shoegaze covers) when love culture busted into slowdive (an applaudably dead-on job, tho' a might unadventurous), and i mentioned midway still's totally good version of "you made me realise", which they did in like 1991. which is even more ridiculous than doing it now. (i also saw gold circle do it at grog ship sometime in th 90s and they offered to give away a shirt to th person who could name th original artist. i was th only person to volunteer. sad. tho' i did walk away with a shirt. which i lost.) i think, as with any cover, totally fucking with th original arrangement is th way to justify th whole endeavor. i mean, figure out a raging drum-filled version of mbv's "sometimes" for ex. and there you have it. and if ANYONE EVER attempted ride's "grasshopper" near me they would probably have to deal with my slavering adulation positively for YEARS.

or do this:

or this:

and in dj news, i will bust out lorelei's 'everyone must touch the stove' (my favorite american shoegaze record, barely barely barely edging out 'they spent their wild, youthful days in the glittering world of the salons') in its entirety and you will all crumble.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:40 am 
King Ghidorah

Tom, I didn't take it as snarky. No worries. I don't have quite the zealotry about shoegaze...largely because I did not grow up with it. I discovered it way after the fact (I thought Radiohead was the only bans in the world for like three years).

Cruise, thanks for reminding me of Swirlies. I fucking love them. Lorelei not so much.

Ever heard of Pinkshinyultrablaster?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:54 pm 
Godzilla