Post subject: THURS 7.21-R RING (feat kelley deal) BIRD+FLOWER, JOELWALTER
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 pm 
Mothra

THURS JULY 21

AT THE TREEHOUSE
887 CHAMBERS RD
COLUMBUS, OH

R RING
Kelley Deal is known for her work in The Breeders. Mike Montgomery is known for his work in Ampline and as an engineer, producer and part-owner of Candyland Recording Studio. Together, they've come together as R.Ring, a casual musical relationship where they can enjoy making music without a commitment.

BIRD AND FLOWER
My name is Eve and I play music. I grew up in Juneau, Alaska, almost literally under a mountain, next to a glacier. When I was 17, I started writing songs that I wouldn’t share with anyone. Now, I play in front of and beside people all the time! I like the sound of a weird keyboard beat brushed up against guitar strumming. My friends often join me on banjo, ukulele, drum machines, accordion, and lap steel. Lately I’ve been into the omnichord, an instrument born in the 1980’s after a collision of autoharp and casiotone, past and present, folk and freaks. The resulting bleeps and bloops are somehow old-timey and lovely.

JOEL WALTER
Armed mainly with a guitar and harmonica, Central Ohio-based singer-songwriter Joel Walter examines the core of blue-collar life via portraits of broken souls worn down by hard living and the lost dreams that are often buried within them. His debut full-length album, Heart of Branches, portrays these lost souls unsparingly, illuminating their fractured desperation and frustration yet always celebrating their fiery will to get by and survive.

9 PM DOORS
$6
21+

http://www.rring.us

Post subject: Re: THURS 7.21-R RING (feat kelley deal) BIRD+FLOWER, JOELWALTER
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Same night at Black Francis at Outland? Hmm ... seems like something pretty cool could happen if the right calls are made. Not quite a 1/2 Pixies reunion but it would be cool if Kelley showed up at Black Francis's show or vice versa.

Post subject: Re: THURS 7.21-R RING (feat kelley deal) BIRD+FLOWER, JOELWALTER
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:54 am 
Mothra

yeah. who knows? that'd be cool. i doubt it'd happen, but you never know.

plus, i bet frank black's set will prob. be done by 10:30 or so, if doors to the outland show are at 7 pm.

you could catch both shows if you really wanted to.

KS