[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I've been listening to a few MP3s of Oxes that a friend suggested I download from . It's like.. math-metal, I love it.

Post subject: music
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:34 am 
Snarf

Right now:
Karate "Cancel/Sing" EP (25+ minutes of good!)

Up next:
All Transistor - "Parts"

And Then:
They Might Be Giants - "Flood"

And Then:
The Robot Ate Me - "They Ate Themsleves"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
It's like my own friggin radio show. Just like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:03 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Hey, I like that ....

Up now:
Radiohead: Amnesiac

Up next:
Johnny Marr + The Healers: Boomslang

Later today:
Miranda Sound: Engaged in Labor
The Patsys: You're Gonna Pay
The Pacific: Mystery of the Stars (EP)
Daryl Hall and John Oates: Do it for Love
The White Stripes: Elephant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:17 am 
Godzilla

up now:
the ringing in my ears and the pounding in my head

up next:
brian eno - music for airports

later today:
q and not u - different damage
comets on fire - field recordings from the sun
drive like jehu - yank crime
maybe some old lifetime? we'll see.

Post subject: now
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:22 pm 
Snarf

Now
God The Band (New York) - Delivery Boy

Next
Remy Zero - Perfect Memory
Slumber - Everything You Know

Much Later
Ugly Cassanova - Sharpen Your Teeth
Holopaw - s/t

Post subject: Re: now
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:44 pm 
Godzilla

Wilco - "Yankee Motel Foxtrot" - the demos.

Post subject: wilco
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:47 pm 
Snarf

Granted - I need to listen to that again before I pass judgement... but I really didn't like it all too well.

Anywho - since you're all dying to see what I'm listening to now... here it is:

right now
The Shins - from Oh! Inverted World
Pressed In A Book
Those Bold City Girls
When I Goose Step

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:57 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Now: The Roots, Phrenology

Next: The Sun, Love and Death

And Then: Post-Lunch Chip Midnight Super Surprises, I Hope

Post subject: doors action
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:06 pm 
Snarf

Little L.A. Woman, Little L.A. Woman
L.A. L.A. Woman Woman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Right now:

Post subject: right now
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:36 pm 
Snarf

Right now:
StereoLab - Sound-Dust

Later:
...the sound of beer bottles going 'clang'.

----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to Duck & Cover. I mean don't forget to tape up your doors and windows from all things bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:12 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Today is the "We met for lunch a day too early Duffy" mix.

Now listening to:

* Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun

Up next:

* New Evan Dando

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:45 pm 
King Ghidorah

i've been listening to KEXP.org all day. they are smoking hot. Bob Dylan right now, before that Paul Westerberg, Wilco, Creeper Lagoon, Smiths, Cure, Dinosaur Jr....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:38 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:43 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:10 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:43 pm 
Mothra

erlend oye (from kings of convenience) w/prefuse 73: every party has a winner and a loser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:00 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

In preperation for the visit to Columbus, I picked up an older Soundtrack of Our Lives album, "Welcome to the Infant Freebase."

Twenty tracks. I'm currently on "Firmament Vacation (A Soundtrack of Our Lives)"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:12 pm 
Snarf

I'm listening to Dinosaur Jr. "Where You Been?".

"Not the Same" has to be one of the saddest songs ever written. Reminds me of high school...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:56 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:31 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject: What [i]am[/i] I listening to?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

Hey all,
Let's see what am I listening at this very moment? Um Disc two of the Joy Division box set. Reasons: first off because i'm in one of 'those' moods, and second my girlfriend complains if anything remotely depressing gets played around the house much, and she's off at work. I probably don't need to say it but for a band that existed as a recording unit for less than three years, they put out some amazingly unequalled tracks in a superhumanly short time-span. It's too bad that there are those fans out there that ruin a good thing by worshipping the band's rock'n' roll martydom status more than its solid base of good ol' fashioned, albeit stark and wordy, rock music.

Before the Joy Division interlude I was listening to some live Olivia Tremor control tracks, specifically one track that ended up on the first (and only so far) Circulatory System album, an album that I loved to pieces for its creaky take on ornate homespun psyche rock, without ever falling into the spike lined pit of twee-ness that so many psyche revivalists fall into. At some point I need to write up a longer piece extolling my love for that there disc, and how much its stature has grown among its less listened to brethren, but I need finish up here.

Oh and because of the not so carefully concealed whispers i've heard around this site about the greatnes of the *ahem*, yet to be released 'Elephant', i'm now downloading the single because like you all i'm getting giddy.

And or those that don't know i'm:
Seth[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:26 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Seth, welcome back.

For rest of world: Seth was using the donewaiting.com forum when we were old school ghetto delphi. He was the only regular poster.

About fucking time you came around.

Post subject: Yup here I am...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:07 pm 
King Ghidorah

Ah yes,
It has been too long hasn't it? But don't worry time hasn't eroded my ever erudite grip of the english language, or the obsessive need of discussion of all that I hold dear, namely great fucking music. After a few rough months the good ship Frisby is back on track and with a good fresh, though unfortunately, freezing wind behind me. I have a lot of fan boy-ish glee stored up since last I set foot near donewaiting so watch out world...or whatever.

To keep with this section's topic I'd better let you all know what i'm listening to as I sit here typing. At the moment Godspeed's newest, Yanqui U.X.O., is quietly warbling its desolate laments for western society behind me. As with all things Godspeed I'm going to have to hold off any any solid opinion making until i've got time to digest its always dense insides. Yesterday in a hopeless bid to get away from the ever opressive Vermont winter I took a long tranced out bath while listening to this disc, and I'm positive that the disc is of quality, though i'm just not sure about how much it'll grab me for repeated listenings yet. Beautiful stuff certianly, even if they've cut out all of the sampling that made earlier releases so eerie to listen to, its still epically quiet in places and in other places it rocks out like a marching band gone mad with ennui. They're playing here in Vermont a day before I get back from a trip to Key West, which of course figures.

Anyways, it's good to be back. Duffy I salute your beautiful new Kingdom!

SethofFrisby

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next