[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND? *Volume 2*

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:41 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:54 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Godspeed You Black Emperor! - "lift yr. skinny fists like antennas to heaven!" (disc 2)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:29 pm 
The Microphones "The Glow" PT. 2

Now why the hell haven't I owned this forever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

Oops that last guest that's enjoying the Microphones so much is actually me, but I still stand by his opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:22 pm 
Godzilla

It's The Going Thing/Warranty Rock/It's The Going Thing

a corporate promotional piece made by FORD motors. Check out

An mp3 everyday for the rest of the year of crazy weird outsider music and corporate music and song-poems.

INCREDIBLE!!!

rock.

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:39 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

John Zorn - Naked City

It's insane, but so good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:22 am 
Godzilla

Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"

got the moms grooving to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:37 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:04 am 
Jet Jaguar

have you checked out power tools? not a zorn project but related. i'll have to dig out that platter soon for a replay...

-beachwood sparks -new ep thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:32 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:10 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Cardia

A "supergroup" of sorts, I suppose. Features former members of Rival Schools, 2 Skinnee J's, The Verve Pipe and Shudder To Think. Cardia bring to mind shades of Jeff Buckley, Coldplay, Radiohead, Failure, Ours and Soundgarden.

Very good stuff.

Listen to samples here: http://www.cardiamusic.com/media.html

-Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:59 am 
Godzilla

Miranda Sound "Engaged in Labor"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:31 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

White Stripes Elephant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:34 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Real Audio Stream of the new Blue Man Group album, The Complex.

Whole CD listenable here: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/music/c ... tlight.jsp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:05 am 
Jet Jaguar

bonnie prince billie - latest with bird on back... i wish i could remember titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:03 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Alt.country fans should definitely check these guys out. Like our very own X-Rated Cowboys, CM & The Jetsetter got ex-Georgia Satellite frontman Dan Baird to produce their CD. In a way they are like the X-Rated Cowboys but a little more twangy -- reminds me of Son Volt but a bit more rocking. The cover doesn't do the band justice. Bush Hawg, I think you'd like these guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:17 am 
Godzilla

Sub Arachnoid Space - These things take time

up next Arab Strap - Mad for Sadness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:59 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:06 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:48 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Cats in Boots - Kicked and Klawed (1989)

Dang, on another metal kick. I am SO mad at myself for tossing about 100 glam metal cassettes last year when my mom told me to get my crap out of her basement (I haven't lived at home for 13 years). It's kind of like tossing out your baseball card collection and years later realizing that you want it back.

Cats in Boots is sleazy metal -- reminds me of Spread Eagle, Sweet FA, Motley Crue and, to an extent, Poison. The "gimmick" is that half the band members were from Japan! The singer went on to play in Heavy Bones with the drummer from Quiet Riot but that didn't last too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

Arab Strap - Monday at the Hug & Pint

what a lovely title. makes me want to start drinking. i find the artwork to be as drunk and lulling as the music. i like it.
it's got horns and strings and all the usual Arab Strap goodness. there's also some interesting backing vocals.
Conor Oberst makes an appearance and the whole dang album swings emo all of a sudden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:14 pm 
Mothra

Post subject: Black Keys...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:18 pm 
Snarf

Listening to The Black Keys. Go check out the mp3/streaming music forum if you've got a second and a cable modem. You'll see my post, you'll download the tracks, and you'll say, "They're from Akron?!?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:37 am 
Jet Jaguar

yo dawg, the keys is from kent. even weirder.

latin playboys - s/t

next up - more fucking hot snakes...can't stop... must rest...soon

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next